How mount Powertap cables???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

atsic

by atsic

I have no Idea about mounting of powertap support. I don't know where pass the cables. Someone can post a photo of work?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProParadox

by ProParadox

These images were drawn by someone OTHER than me, but they are excellent, so I will post them. I stole them a while back from a post at cyclingforums.com power training sections.
Attachments
PT Setup 2.jpg
PT Setup 1.jpg

jeffr

by jeffr

I don't use electrical tape anymore for my computer mounts. I use zipties. The electrical tape may look good at first, especially if you have a black bike, but after a while the corners peel up and collect dirt. Eventually the adhesive breaks down and then you have a real mess if you ever take it off. When you mount with zip ties you only need to make sure the head is facing away from your body when you're riding because they can scratch you.

ProParadox

by ProParadox

jeffr wrote:I don't use electrical tape anymore for my computer mounts. I use zipties. The electrical tape may look good at first, especially if you have a black bike, but after a while the corners peel up and collect dirt. Eventually the adhesive breaks down and then you have a real mess if you ever take it off. When you mount with zip ties you only need to make sure the head is facing away from your body when you're riding because they can scratch you.

I respectfully disagree. With good quality electrical tape, I've made it up to this point in the season with no problems with my tape. I was my bike with soapy water frequently, all tape is still holding up well.

Zip ties, when overtightened can damage the cables.

pinky

by pinky

I posted an answer to this a while back that's basically like the graphics but if you've got a new PT they should come with the clear tape bands, which you can use in place of zip ties and electrical tape.

I prefer to wrap both the cadence and power cables round the front brake housing (with a zip tie at the bottom of the housing), then run them on either side of the head tube to the shifting bosses on the down tube (use a zip tie at the top). Run both cables down the down tube to the BB (I use two clear tape bands near the bottle cage and a zip tie at the BB, then run both cables to the non-drive side stay, attaching the power sensor first, then the cadence sensor (use the zip tie for the cadence sensor to hold the power cable in place), one more zip tie at the base of the chain stay and your good. If you want you could replace the BB and chain zip ties with clear tape bands, the only places you really need zip ties are at the top where there is movement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

atsic

by atsic

Tanks at all