Backstedt? Campa Neutron?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Huh, did I see that right? 90 kg Magnus Backsted using light Campagnolo Neutron wheels on the pave's? :shock:

Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

JTC

by JTC

Just got back from Belgium after riding and watching RVV, Ghent, and PR, and was actully suprised to see a number of riders on Neutrons, and Ksyriums on the cobbles. Also I would say that about 70% were on tubies. Sat next to Rich Hincapie on the flight back and he said George was using Bontrager wheels with tubies and had no flats this year. We did about 30K of the PR cobbles and I took my 32 hole Lambda rims and actually broke a spoke at one point. Factory wheels now a days must be stronger than I thought.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

According to Scott Sunderland, they were running Campagnolo Nucleons (with the radial fronts).

danielgillett

by danielgillett

I have received a very cool preview of a poster from Bianchi!!!
Attachments
parisroubaix-lowresolution.jpg

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Geoff wrote:According to Scott Sunderland, they were running Campagnolo Nucleons (with the radial fronts).

Neutron is the new name for the wheels fka Nucleon :)

But it's surprising how strong these wheels are....
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

JTC

by JTC

Yeah, I had a set of the old Neucleons and loved them. Put 10,000+ miles on them and they were still perfectly true. I got rid of them because they were clinchers. I think I will try and find some tubulars ones.

Perry

by Perry

danielgillett wrote:I have received a very cool preview of a poster from Bianchi!!!

thanks for the pic Magnus is my homeboy :D
and a realy nice guy we used to ride for the same club and the reason i started ride mountainbikes got so knockerd those first club road rides that i tried mtb instead it was like riding behind a moto even when he was young

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Yeah Perry. Did you know Petacchi wanted him on Fassa as his setup guy this year? Problem was Petacchi forgot to ask his directeur sportif before he called Magnus manager (Rolf Soerensen) so no go.

If you ever have tried to ride behind one of those massive setup guys in a sprint and have turned out in the wind to try to pass when the speed is 60km/h or more and failed miserably you cant help but admire that massive speed they can whip up for the last km´s in a race.