Koolstop Grey brake pads + Cane Creek SCR5 brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CAAD7R3000

by CAAD7R3000

Hi Guys,

Just got a set of these brakes and they come with these pads, anyone got any experience with the grey ones, I think they are the Dura model possibly but it doesn't say on the pads.

The Koolstops seems to get very good reveiws on RBR but they are mostly for the Black or Salmon ones.

The brakes won't be mounted for a few weeks yet so am curious to find out what people think of the pads, and the brakes if anyone has used them.

P.S They are the Double pivot brakes, not the crappy single pivot Cane Creek ones everyone hates. Weight came in good to, 318gr (Claimed 320gr)

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Not sure about the road pads, but Kool Stop grey canti pads are for ceramic rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chicane

by chicane

I hope you didn't pay over $100 for those brakes, as they are just rebadged Tektro RX-40's that can be had for $45 from several shops on the web. I think they are fantastic brakes for the price/weight though.

Chris

CAAD7R3000

by CAAD7R3000

I paid about 120 aus for them so if you convert them back to us dollars then no, I didn't pay 100 for them which is why I got them. They are new by the way, just got a good deal which is why I bought them.