Tap Tap...is this thing on?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ZeroLite

by ZeroLite

Good Morning to all. Just stopped in to say Hullo.
I want your input.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

ZeroLite wrote:Good Morning to all. Just stopped in to say Hullo.

Welcome to the forum ZeroLite.
You'll definitely get some input here.:)
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Zero lite, :welcome:

But keep things cycling related! :wink:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

jim

by jim

mr zerolite, are you same guy who is selling those those unsafe, aerolite pedals?
Last edited by jim on Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superlite

by Superlite

zero lite, are you same guy who is selling those those unsafe, useless aerolite pedals?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, smack down! :lol:

That is a bit harsh, lets hear what he has to say first jimbo! 8)

cadence90

by cadence90

jim wrote:zero lite, are you same guy who is selling those those unsafe, useless aerolite pedals?

Superlite wrote:
zero lite, are you same guy who is selling those those unsafe, useless aerolite pedals?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, smack down! :lol:

That is a bit harsh, lets hear what he has to say first jimbo! 8)

You know what? You two may be good riders, terrible riders, the 2 best riders in history, I don't know, and don't really care, but they way you react to certain people and issues is infantile and rude IMHO. It gets boring, and it's always OT anyway.
Maybe, if you can't bring informative and considered news, don't bring any....
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

jim

by jim

oh boy, smack on the wrist from cadence90. i can be so recalcitrant at times...

cadence90, just curious who made you forum administrator?

note: cadence90, i just edited my first post. hope it meets your expectations

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

wow.....a fight that I am not involved in!!!!!!

bobalou

by bobalou

Kind of on-topic/off-topic question: :shock:

@Jim: Why are aerolite pedals unsafe? I was actually thinking about them but haven't heard much about them. Are they hard to unclip or is it because low rotation you would say that?

ZeroLite

by ZeroLite

Aerolite...yes.Unsafe? Please explain.
I want your input.

Superlite

by Superlite

Hello Zerolite, welcome.

So are you saying you make the aerolite pedals? Or you asking about them?

What kind of input do you need? I don't mind giving a helping hand. :D Heck, I did it for Zero Gravity with their brakes. Let me know if you need a test bed, I'll give you a 100% honest review of them.

jim

by jim

i found the pedals difficult to unclip from, and the lack of rotation was a bother for me. may not be for others. the thing that irked me the most about the pedals was the large cleat, which made life difficult when hobbling around in your cycling shoes. an accident waiting to happen in my opinion, i.e. slip and fall. of course, most cleats are a pain in the rear to walk around on anyway, but the problem was aggravated with these cleats.

bobalou

by bobalou

jim wrote:i found the pedals difficult to unclip from, and the lack of rotation was a bother for me. may not be for others. the thing that irked me the most about the pedals was the large cleat, which made life difficult when hobbling around in your cycling shoes. an accident waiting to happen in my opinion, i.e. slip and fall. of course, most cleats are a pain in the rear to walk around on anyway, but the problem was aggravated with these cleats.

That's good to know, thanks for the feedback. Is the weight they quote including cleats? Sounds like the cleats are real honkers.

I"ll probably just stick with the speedplays but good to know anyway.

jim

by jim

bobalou, 74 grams or thereabouts was for the pedals only. i sold those pedals some time ago, and did not weigh the cleats. zerolite could probably answer that question for you.

i am sticking with speedplays. i have a set of superlite's alloy plates on my speedplays, and i substitued the alloy bolts supplied with them for a set of ti ones. my x-1's now weigh 130 grams, and are just as reliable as they were before. personally, weight saving when it comes to a pedal system you're not comfortable with, or one that lacks security, is a big no go for me. the m2-racer orb system looked also interesting, but that whole release 'feature' near the top of the pedal arc looks like a recipe for disaster.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

jim wrote:oh boy, smack on the wrist from cadence90. i can be so recalcitrant at times...

cadence90, just curious who made you forum administrator?

note: cadence90, i just edited my first post. hope it meets your expectations

jim, I never claimed to be an administrator of any kind, I simply posted my own opinion. Unfortunately, my own stupid comments about best rider, etc. were also out of place; still, I'd bet other readers and the administrator are a bit bored with the negativity and personal attacks we read here sometimes. (Like the thing with pat's bike, who cares...these things have nothing to do with this forum really).
I just wish the comments to people were more constructive and positive, as yours are in the later posts. Why not just post those up front? Then the info is useful and the discussion becomes more informative....
I've not ridden these pedals so I can't comment on them. At least now I've learned something about them re: your experiences (which confirm my impressions having only seen and held them) and I appreciate that. Next time I'll just read and move on. And I'll keep my expectations to myself....