Call truce

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ergott

by ergott

Unlike the legendary Campy vs. Shimano debate, this gets too pesonal. Cees and Carbonsports (I'm sorry I don't know your name) you have to call truce (at least here). This forum is very informative. I get some information about products here before the manufacturer even lets me know. I'm a wheel builder (more like assembler compared to your products). I have great respect for the wheels you make. If you both can limit your conversations to anything other than each other, we'd all benefit.

And to the other posters here, quit fanning the flames! The most recent attacks have been ugly and personal for no reason. If you don't like the information someone posts, fine. Question it at face value. Did they have ulterior motives for their posts? I didn't read such (nor did others). If they did, then shame on them.

From this point (June 19th, 2006) can we accept the input of these fine wheel builders at face value? Can you guys keep the posts from straying toward my product is better and mine came first and this rider rides my wheels? Both of you are far too smart and far too passionate about what you do to let the posters here get the best of you. I appreciate the information you may have to give as I do when any other manufacturer chimes in here.

Let’s start afresh for the summer of possibilities.

-Eric

kAb

by kAb

how sweet... just like the competitive business world.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Amadeus

by Amadeus

Good post Ergott!!!!!
My bike is Italian so it is Nervosa and of course has Anorexia I like them thin!
GIOS "New" Carbon Ultra 2006 Campa Record+Special parts.
GIOS "New" A90 2008 Campa Record+Special parts. My winter and vacation bike.

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

I just looked through that whole wind tunnel thread and I didn't see Carbonsports chime in at all...did I miss something? I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion due to a lot of unnecessary ego defense going on.

The good thing that I got out of all of that is it's obvious that there are a lot of people on here who know their stuff. :idea:

ergott

by ergott

Mottsauce wrote:I just looked through that whole wind tunnel thread and I didn't see Carbonsports chime in at all...did I miss something? I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion due to a lot of unnecessary ego defense going on.

The good thing that I got out of all of that is it's obvious that there are a lot of people on here who know their stuff. :idea:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... hp?t=17776

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... ld&start=0

read on...

-Eric

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

ahhhh...I was just looking at the current windtunnel battle that Cees is engaged in. I see what you're saying

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com