Scott press release!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bobalou

by bobalou

Great! Scott will officially be selling bikes in the US and is planning a launch at the Sea Otter Classic. According to the release July 04' should be when you can start getting their 2005 bikes (hopefully the CR-1 too). Their building a new facility in Sun Valley.

http://www.velonews.com/tech/research/a ... 840.0.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jim

by jim

that is great news. i certainly hope scott brings their taiwan made cr1's into the usa. it will be very interesting to see how the scott cr1 frame compares to the giant advance, when it is released.

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

It will be interesting to see how they do back in the US. They kinda had a bad name when they pulled out of North American sales (mostly do to the Scwinn problems they had when they owned the brand). Over the last several years they have really improved their image and their products.

The only stumbling block may be getting dealers who used to work with them back on board.

divve

by divve

It would certainly be interesting if Scott himself brings a CR1 to the Cannondale stand for a weighing and leave with a free T-Shirt :)

bobalou

by bobalou

Xterra Racer wrote:It will be interesting to see how they do back in the US. They kinda had a bad name when they pulled out of North American sales (mostly do to the Scwinn problems they had when they owned the brand). Over the last several years they have really improved their image and their products.

The only stumbling block may be getting dealers who used to work with them back on board.

I agree.. and, why is it the europeans always get the best stuff ! :evil: It seems to me the market for high end bikes is growing here and their going to tap in.

Anyway, it's about time. I don't think there'll be a dealership problem. Someone like RAC Cycles will most certainly carry them. Whenever there's money to be made...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobalou

by bobalou

divve wrote:It would certainly be interesting if Scott himself brings a CR1 to the Cannondale stand for a weighing and leave with a free T-Shirt :)

LOL! :lol: