New Ritchey Stem!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

A good example is the old T-mobile uniforms (bright pink). Did anyone on the face of the earth actually think those looked good on the TDF team? Bottom line is it didn't matter what they looked like, they were still good!

Don't get me wrong, if I have a choice between two products of the same quality and weight, and one looks better on my bike than the other, I will go for the one that matches. But if the choice is between one superior product (that maybe doesn't look as pretty) and one that looks better but is of lesser quality (in one way or another), I will also choose quality or looks.

Superlite

by Superlite

After seeing the six13 and comparing it to my frame, even though the six13 is superior and lighter, I wouldn't take it because it looks like crap. After seeing it I don't even want to sell my CAAD 7 for one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

That's where I would differ. If someone wanted to give me better lighter frame even though it didn't look better I would take it in a heart beat. They could paint it day-glow orange for all I cared.

Superlite

by Superlite

75g savings to look crappy? Not here. Besides, repainting it will add weight, and defeat the point of it.

It's not just the looks, quality of the paint is the issue.

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

See now your flipping. Quality is a real issue to be concerned about. Color or look of the equipment is not (in my opinion)

I have a very good friend that rides expert class in MTB and he has a butt ugly bike. Nothing on the thing matches. His clothes are about the same. But bottom line is this guy smokes me everytime we go riding. So I have a very nice looking bike....but it doesn't do me a bit of good when I compare to him.

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

it doesn't matter if your bike is ugly or pretty to ride fast.......that is all in your fitness level.....I agree with that. I just like to take pride in the bike I am building!

jim

by jim

i do agree with cyclemanpat for once on the pride thing. regardless of what your bike looks like, you are the one who has to be happy with it, and enjoy riding it.

personally, i get a kick out of riding / owning one of the top 5 lightest, nice looking, rideable, non-virtual reality bikes in this forum :)

bobalou

by bobalou

I'd say that if you're good enough, you should only have to worry about what the back end of your bike looks like. :wink:

BikeTech

by BikeTech

LOL
Last edited by BikeTech on Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jim

by jim

good point bobalou :)

Joel

by Joel

bobalou wrote:I'd say that if you're good enough, you should only have to worry about what the back end of your bike looks like. :wink:

But when you're the best the front end is on the finish foto