chain lube

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

leave

by leave

hey, i'm presently using tri flow lube. seems like it turns black pretty quick. what's a good lube that stays and runs clean?

Boonen

by Boonen

I use cyclon lube. I used shimano lube before this (won a big can at a race years ago) but the cyclon stays cleaner in my experience. It does get black eventually though :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mordi

by Mordi

Campy's lube is the best there is. But it is also crazy expensive. I've been using ProLink lately and it seems to last a while.

cswi9367

by cswi9367

TRY: "ROCK N ROLL" LUBE. its great. it washes your chain, then lubes.

TS-Biker

by TS-Biker

for me, boeshield t-9 does the trick :wink:
It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it !

Mile Ditch

by Mile Ditch

Purple extreme seems to work well, but your chain needs to be really clean before you apply it.

Lemondpoprad

by Lemondpoprad

Just go buy some chain saw lube. You can get a gallon for around $4.00. Some companies are using it as chain lube rebottled and asking crazy prices.

Clarkster

by Clarkster

cswi9367 wrote:TRY: "ROCK N ROLL" LUBE. its great. it washes your chain, then lubes.

Yep, Rock N Roll Red on the road bike, and Blue on the mtb. :thumbup:
Bike + Clarky = :)

I love Krank

rustychain

by rustychain

Rock and roll (read the instructions on the bottle)

cocoboots

by cocoboots

Lemondpoprad wrote:Just go buy some chain saw lube. You can get a gallon for around $4.00. Some companies are using it as chain lube rebottled and asking crazy prices.

and you have proof of this?

progold fan here

sandman

by sandman

I've tried Boeshield T9 (seemed ok), White Lightning (got ton's of buildup overtime esp. on the jockey pulleys), Triflow (seemed ok), ProLink (pretty good, seems to stay on and clean a while), but my favorite so far has been as others have said... Rock and Roll lube. If you follow the rock and roll directions it does a pretty good job of keeping the chain clean and cleaning it (unless it's really bad). Seems like with all of these lubes the important thing to do (to keep the chain clean) is to wipe off the excess after you lubricate it.

Erik

Clarkster

by Clarkster

cocoboots wrote:
Lemondpoprad wrote:Just go buy some chain saw lube. You can get a gallon for around $4.00. Some companies are using it as chain lube rebottled and asking crazy prices.

and you have proof of this?

progold fan here

I know a few that have tried chainbar lube. It just picks up all the dirt (and old ladys on the side of the road) and sticks it to your drivetrain. :?
Bike + Clarky = :)

I love Krank

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

I've been using Finish Line products. started off with their el cheapo, then their midrange (got a bit of buildup on the jockey wheels over time) and am now on their good stuff, which requires very little cleaning and lasts for a long time.

twistyaction usa

by twistyaction usa

Have been using Rock 'n Roll for years, but switched to Prolink Progold and had even better results. Cleaner and quieter when it gets thin. I've recently been doing some fabrication for one of the guys from Dumonde Tech. He seems to really know his stuff about lubes, and has explained some pretty awesome results he's gotten from testing. That'll be my next bottle.

cswi9367

by cswi9367

sandman wrote:I've tried Boeshield T9 (seemed ok), White Lightning (got ton's of buildup overtime esp. on the jockey pulleys), Triflow (seemed ok), ProLink (pretty good, seems to stay on and clean a while), but my favorite so far has been as others have said... Rock and Roll lube. If you follow the rock and roll directions it does a pretty good job of keeping the chain clean and cleaning it (unless it's really bad). Seems like with all of these lubes the important thing to do (to keep the chain clean) is to wipe off the excess after you lubricate it.

Erik

exactly. ive used T9, white, triflow, and others.

Rock n Roll Rules.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com