I saw Saul Raisin yesterday

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Herbert

by Herbert

I have known Saul for many years now, but had not seen him since christmas. But he called me on Friday and told me that he'd be at home over the weekend. So on sunday I drove to his house and sat down with him and his parents for a couple hours and got to hear some great stories about his rehab. He looked very good and was very talkative, but he is still clearly weak and working to get his balance back.
His improvement from that terrible bike crash have been amazing though and well beyond the most postive predictions. Saul is a fighter, yet he is smart enough to know that patience is crucial here.

He also expressed gratitude about all the great entries in his guest book on www.saulraisin.com

Cheers,

Herbert
Litespeed
www.litespeed.com

Here is a pic of Saul and I in front of his house yesterday. :-)

Last edited by Herbert on Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Herbert - I'm speaking for allot of people here, but next time you contact him, pass on our best wishes....really painful to see someone injured like that (especially when their so damn talented :)). Puts things into perspective, but I really do hope that he gets better

Anyway: Who was giving the cd's, Saul or you?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mark U

by Mark U

Herbert , thanks for updating us about Saul . He looks pretty good in the picture considering what he has been through .

Paramount

by Paramount

Herbert, thanks very much for the update! I agree, Saul looks very good considering what he has been through. Next time you speak with him, please pass along my best.
"Qui tacet consentit"

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

Thanks for passing that along to all of us Herbert. Can't even tell he has been through such a terrible crash. :thumbup:

Boonen

by Boonen

Thanks for the info and the picture Herbert, good to hear that his recovery is going well! Wish him all the best when you talk to him again!

Luc

by Luc

Good to know Saul is getting better everyday !

:soon: on the road again....
Pollice verso.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

This is a very nice message and I am happy to read this.

After all what he has been through being on the bike isn't really important now: let's just hope he had a good rehabilitation and at some point a few months ago we didn't think this was even possible. I'm glad things are going the right way. Seeing him standing next to and looking so good is a great sign of that.

Our thoughts are still with him. My best wishes!
Last edited by C a s r a n on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herbert

by Herbert

Skillgannon wrote:Herbert - I'm speaking for allot of people here, but next time you contact him, pass on our best wishes....really painful to see someone injured like that (especially when their so damn talented :)). Puts things into perspective, but I really do hope that he gets better

Anyway: Who was giving the cd's, Saul or you?

Thank you all for the kind words and I already forwarded the thread to Saul. :-)
As for the music, I brought a bunch of White Stripes cds for Saul to rip on his Ipod.

Cheers,

Herbert
Litespeed

www.litespeed.com

Rich_W

by Rich_W

What a great thread. Thanks for passing the word. Saul is looking vastly improved. And its really great to know hes doing much better... because every cycling community everwhere was feeling his pain... and pulling hard for him in their prayers.

Hopefully Saul is taking a peek into WW to pass the time.

You're a good man Herbert.

swinter

by swinter

Send him all our best for a full recovery.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

Ravenmore

by Ravenmore

Man, I was sorry to hear about his crash and his injuries. Thanks for posting this. Very good to see him up and around a doing so much better.

-Mike

WillMcGinnis

by WillMcGinnis

It is really good to see him doing so well, any word on when the Raisin' hell version of the livestrongs is coming out?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com