Carbon Fork Poll

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Which fork do you consider the best all-around re: weight/handling/durability?

Easton EC90
23%
AlphaQ sub3
13%
Profile Design AC
No votes
Reynolds Ouzo Pro
19%
WoundUp
4%
Columbus Muscle/Super Muscle
3%
Bontrager Triple XLite
4%
Time Millenium
13%
Look HSC
13%
Storck Stiletto/Stiletto Light
9%

Total votes: 70

cadence90

by cadence90

Thought I would do this poll here, to see if the results are different than on the other forum.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t65213-15-2.html
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

spytech

by spytech

umm, dude i think you forgot the storck stilletto 330 - 340g, and stiffer than almost any other fork out there in that weight. what is the stiffness of the all the above mentioned forks including the storck's :?:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

spytech wrote:umm, dude i think you forgot the storck stilletto 330 - 340g, and stiffer than almost any other fork out there in that weight. what is the stiffness of the all the above mentioned forks including the storck's :?:

Sorry Spytech, I can't edit the poll to add the Storck.
I thought you would know the stiffness of the Storck....
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

I voted Sub-3 because I like it the most of all the forks listed that I have used (Muscle, Ouzo Comp and Pro, Look HSC3 and Time).

I have a Stiletto Light, but not assembled The Beast yet to comment :twisted:
Ride lightly!

cadence90

by cadence90

Ye Olde Balde One wrote:I voted Sub-3 because I like it the most of all the forks listed that I have used (Muscle, Ouzo Comp and Pro, Look HSC3 and Time).

That's a good experience record! Any thoughts on the delamination issues on the AlphaQ mentioned in the other forum (until that post I had only heard good things).
I voted WoundUp (all carbon) because it's what I ride, I find it very stiff/responsive/durable for a bigger rider, and I prefer straight blade.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

cadence90 wrote:
Ye Olde Balde One wrote:I voted Sub-3 because I like it the most of all the forks listed that I have used (Muscle, Ouzo Comp and Pro, Look HSC3 and Time).

That's a good experience record! Any thoughts on the delamination issues on the AlphaQ mentioned in the other forum (until that post I had only heard good things).
I voted WoundUp (all carbon) because it's what I ride, I find it very stiff/responsive/durable for a bigger rider, and I prefer straight blade.

My Mrs calls me my very own test review at work...little does she know..actually she knows it all, and just shrugs...I'm a lucky guy!

I have never seen any delamination problems, I use a 1" in one bike, and 1 1/8" in another and both have been good. The 1" dates back to their Bay Area days (1997), and neither uses that stupid glue in star nut, they just use decent wedges carefully positioned.
Ride lightly!

spytech

by spytech

the stiffness of the storck fork was mentioned, i tried to look for it but can not find the post. but i do know it was mentioned here, florian might have given the actual number - if so florian we need you on this one, maybe we can include more forks in the vote (can it be added/edited?)

Oenk

by Oenk

spytech wrote:the stiffness of the storck fork was mentioned, i tried to look for it but can not find the post. but i do know it was mentioned here, florian might have given the actual number - if so florian we need you on this one, maybe we can include more forks in the vote (can it be added/edited?)

Stifness (N/mm):
Stiletto 51.5
Stiteltto light 39.5
Easton EC90SL 45.5
Easton EC90SLX 33.8

spytech

by spytech

Oenk wrote:Stifness (N/mm):
Stiletto 51.5
Stiteltto light 39.5
Easton EC90SL 45.5
Easton EC90SLX 33.8

Thanks for the info. seems like the storcks are the stiffer forks

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

why weren't any of the Mizuno forks put on the list?

cadence90

by cadence90

I thought only to start the poll as a comparative one to the other forum, then I added a few forks.
I can't list every fork!
The way it's going it looks very balanced as it is....
If enough people really think one fork is missing and superior, we could do a new poll in a few weeks with the added forks, because I cannot add items to the poll itself, sorry.

cadence90

by cadence90

Oenk wrote:
spytech wrote:the stiffness of the storck fork was mentioned, i tried to look for it but can not find the post. but i do know it was mentioned here, florian might have given the actual number - if so florian we need you on this one, maybe we can include more forks in the vote (can it be added/edited?)

Stifness (N/mm):
Stiletto 51.5
Stiteltto light 39.5
Easton EC90SL 45.5
Easton EC90SLX 33.8

Oenk, do you have stiffness data on any of the other forks?

Oenk

by Oenk

spytech wrote:Oenk, do you have stiffness data on any of the other forks?

Profile Design AC 38.2
Reynolds Ouzo Pro 40.1
Bontrager Triple XLite 38.7
Time Millenium 44.3
Isaac Muscle 35.5
Scott CR-1 36.5

cadence90

by cadence90

Frankie-B has offered to update the poll list.
I asked him to add:

Storck Stiletto/Stiletto Light
Scott CR-1
Kuota Sintema
Kestrel EMS Pro
Cannondale Slice
Mizuno/Pesenti
Giant TCR
Serotta F-2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Scapin/Dean

by Scapin/Dean

My Scapin came with an Advanced Carbon fork and I have liked it just fine. So when I went shopping for a fork for my new Dean Ti frame I looked at all the high-end names and then bought a new carbon/carbon Advanced Carbon for $125 on eBay. I might switch later. But only if I take the official Weight Weenie vow (my vow of cheapness stands first at the moment).
Just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean we aren't out to get you.
Those who ignore histroy are doomed to repeat it.