Are Zero Gravity pad holders Campy compatable?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SirEddy

by SirEddy

The reason I ask is that I just ordered a set of Swiss stop yellow carbon pads in Campy version. They looked a little thinner than the std Corima cork pads, but I didn't think anything of it until they fell out when I was rolling my bike backwards in the car pack and applied the brakes!!!

That scared the hell out of me, so it's back to Corima for now. Should I be ordering the Shimano version? I thought ZG's were Campy style.

Cheers
Long live long rides

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iubike

by iubike

I believe I rememeber reading somewhere that you have to glue some pads in to certain holders. That is scary though huh? On long car trips on the roof rack my Corimas would sometimes slide backwards just a bit.

K

pk0r

by pk0r

Yes, the 0G do only take Campa-style brake blocks.
I agree on the relatively loose fit though. My brother has once lost a yellow Swissstop due to that reason. I have been using some Dynamic mounting paste last time I installed them, but would probably advice to try out a drop of tubular glue.
| works for an European bike manufacturer |
| "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

divve

by divve

I'm using original Campy carbon pads in ZG. I had to use considerable force to insert them. Maybe Swissstop are a little undersized.

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

The Corima pads can come out too if you brake backing up. Either use glue or never brake baking up.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

SirEddy

by SirEddy

OK, It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one. I don't really want to use glue, as I'm swapping the pads up to once a week in the Summer. At least I shouldn't have difficulties getting them out :D
Long live long rides

Tristan

by Tristan

divve wrote:Maybe Swissstop are a little undersized.

Swissstop definetly slide into a normal Campag holder easier than the Campy pads do.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

I think that ZG has changed their holders just a bit. It definitely takes less effort to change pads than on older models.