Putting my bike on a diet!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

Well, I'm sick of my bike being a bloated 7000g+ thats changing real fast. 8)

Just put on a SLR Carbino saddle, choped the seat post, and got rid of the SS cages and put a carbon one on instead. New weight is 6876g, I smell UCI limit. :twisted: Need to get is down some more.

With some tubies, get it to 6200g! HAHA! Superlite is back baby! 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

homegrown

by homegrown

I see from your other post that the saddle you picked up weights 135g? I thought the carbino was the lighter version with no padding, and the regular SLR weighed 135g...weird.

Superlite

by Superlite

Nah, the SLR Carbino is a new saddle with carbon rails, and padding. The saddle I spoke of before is from my old bike, it's the SLR Evolution. It has no padding.

Also, my seat post now weighs 137g with a 45mm cut, saving 15g.

PEOPLE! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Anyone here use Performance Lunar Lite Tubes? Any good, or too light and easy to pop.

Also, for anyone that has Ksyriums, what wheelsets have you ridden that are as stiff, solid, and track as well, that also weigh less? The Ksyriums are bad ass, but their weight is starting to get to me. 1570g for a wheelset puts a pit in my stomach. :lol:

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

I've switched from SSC SL to Cirro SV and there is no big difference, I've only put 200km on the Cirro. These days I'll put 200-300 km more so I might be able to give you a better feedback next monday.
SC

kingtom

by kingtom

spaniardclimber wrote:I've switched from SSC SL to Cirro SV and there is no big difference, I've only put 200km on the Cirro. These days I'll put 200-300 km more so I might be able to give you a better feedback next monday.
SC

:shock: oooh... i look forward to your answer. are they stiff engouh? the cirro's are very light. i believe, how many? you know the weight?

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

1190g

kingtom

by kingtom

spaniardclimber wrote:1190g

and how many spokes have they? i can't believe, that they are stiff enough for my 75kg. but i look forward to your statement after a longer (harder?) ride :wink:

Superlite

by Superlite

Keep it to topic, PM each other for those questions please.

wanderingwheel

by wanderingwheel

I've used the Lunar Lights and had very good luck with them. Not only are they light and inexpensive, they make your wheels ride better. They are a pain to repair (read "nearly impossible") when you do get a flat, but as long as you keep them pumped up above 90 or 95 psi, they flat no more frequently than any other tire. Below that they are very susceptible to pinch flats.

Sean

Superlite

by Superlite

Well, for those of you looking at the slr carbonio it really sucks, at least for me. Not very comfortable at all, and I use to ride the SLR Evolution that had no padding and it was more comfortable!

Scratch that for weight savings, put my Arione back on. Until they can make a seat as comfortable as it, I'm not putting anything else on there.

benz76

by benz76

Superlite, why don't you try Selle San Marco saddles?
In the Aspide range there are many different saddles: they can satisfy every kind of rider. And for my... ass... they're far more comfortable than Selle Italia SLR...
I think Aspide FX is the one closest to SLR Carbonio... 140gr more or less...

Bye, Benz.

Oswald

by Oswald

Superlite wrote:Well, for those of you looking at the slr carbonio it really sucks, at least for me. Not very comfortable at all, and I use to ride the SLR Evolution that had no padding and it was more comfortable!

I have the same saddle... I can only sit on it for about 90 minutes... I've been looking at the prolink which seems like a comfortable saddle, but it weighs twice as much as the slr... but on the Belgium roads, weight isn't the only thing that matters... so maybe I will get one of those prolink saddles...

Joel

by Joel

I've had no problems with the normal SLR. But it's personal issue. Altough I found the SLR more comfy than a Flite

Superlite

by Superlite

I've had no problems with the normal SLR. But it's personal issue. Altough I found the SLR more comfy than a Flite

Like I said, I use to ride the SLR Evolution, which has NO padding. It was much more comfortable then the padded SLR Carbonio.

LOOK

by LOOK

SL - I've ridden the same Ksyriums for the past three years and they have been by far the most reliable wheel I have ever come across. Like you, I want a lighter wheel with the same or similar reliability. I was loaned a set of Velomax wheels by a LBS and I found them to provide a similar ride to the Ksyriums and be about 175+ grams lighter. I've also heard they are getting ready to release a new and lighter set into the market. A friend of mine and JTC's has been riding them as his racing wheels for a little over a year and not had one single problem. This guy has a set of the new SSL's and the Velomax set. He prefers to ride the Velomax set by far.

I race on a set of American Classic Carbons and they are fantastic, but I don't use them as an everyday wheel. If you are looking for something to use everyday then carbon wheels are somewhat questionable as far as the life of the rim goes (never know what you might hit ). I say that because I hit a pothole a bit too hard and had to replace the rear rim at a cost of $300. Ouch!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com