Weight Weenies
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/

LEW wheelset ???
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1643
Page 2 of 2

Author:  Rogue_M3 [ Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:04 am ]
Post subject: 

As I said in the other post, I have both the Reynolds and LEW wheels. I never said that these were the same wheel but the only difference that I can find both visually and performance wise is that the Reynolds wheels are slightly wider. That's it! I can't feel any difference in stiffness or in weight between the two wheels. They are both outstanding wheels that are strong aero and light.

The wheelset in the auction is a pretty good deal. I've seen just the LEW rim alone sell for $300 each. I'm not familiar with the hubset but I do like the looks of the straight pull spoke setup. As long as the wheels were built by a competent wheel builder then they should be a great set of wheels for less than $600.

Author:  Weenie [ Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:04 am ]
Post subject: 


Author:  jesper [ Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:55 am ]
Post subject: 

I found out that I'll stick to my HED Alps, but change the spokes to CX-Rays. I think I'll have a more all-round wheelset in the Alps than in a pair of LEW. Off course they are super light and very nice, but..........

I have found a good deal on the spokes at www.gypzybikz.com and I know that these spokes are the best !!!

But thanks for all the inputs and the info :D

Author:  tobias [ Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:06 am ]
Post subject: 

have fun with them :D

Author:  jesper [ Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

I hope so....... :)

I have tried to get in contact with gypzybikz by phone and by fax today, but they don't answer....??
I'm really interested in the spokes, but it's diffeult to reach them.....

Are they weight weenies too...??

Author:  tobias [ Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

jesper wrote:
the spokes, but it's diffeult to reach them.....

Are they weight weenies too...??



...take a look at the top right corner of this page...they┬┤re hosting it (afaik) :)

it might be easier to mail them...

Author:  jesper [ Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

I know they are hosting this site :)

But I needed to speak with them in person......therefore the phone and also the fax ( and yes I know that I can't speak with in person by fax.... :) but I had some info written down

But I'll also try by mail, thanks ! :)

Author:  tobias [ Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

jesper wrote:
I know they are hosting this site :)

But I needed to speak with them in person......therefore the phone and also the fax ( and yes I know that I can't speak with in person by fax.... :) but I had some info written down

But I'll also try by mail, thanks ! :)



yeah, you might arrange some kind of "phone meeting" by mail...if they are as busy as it seems...
godd luck!

Author:  jesper [ Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'll do that, thanks again

Author:  Florian [ Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

jesper wrote:
I have tried to get in contact with gypzybikz by phone and by fax today, but they don't answer....??
I'm really interested in the spokes, but it's diffeult to reach them.....

Our retail shop is closed on Wednesdays, that's why you couldn't reach anyone there.
I've sent you an email.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC+01:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/