Aerolite pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

willf03

by willf03

Looking at the aerolight pedals , and I wanted to know if anyone has tried them. I am a little concerned about the apparent lack of float. Has anyone had a problem with this? Also, I talked to the rep a local expo, and he said that the less rotational weight of the pedals would dramatically improve performance. :idea: Sounds like a sales pitch to me, but I was wondering if anyone has heard of scientific evidence that would back this up.
Attachments
aerolitepedalred.jpg
aerolitepedalred.jpg (3.55 KiB) Viewed 1641 times

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

willf03 wrote:Looking at the aerolight pedals , and I wanted to know if anyone has tried them. I am a little concerned about the apparent lack of float. Has anyone had a problem with this? Also, I talked to the rep a local expo, and he said that the less rotational weight of the pedals would dramatically improve performance. :idea: Sounds like a sales pitch to me, but I was wondering if anyone has heard of scientific evidence that would back this up.

I've tried them, I use them on my WW bikes. On my training bikes I use Keywins (which were my pedal of choice for everything).

I have not had any problem switching between the two pedal systems.

I found them to be great pedals, except in traffic (which can be real bad here in Los Angeles) because of the stop-starts and having the bigger Keywin platform means I don't have to automatically think of clipping in, hence my continued use of Keywins for my training bikes.

I don't know if the weight saving helps, but it can't hurt....ask me again in a month!
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com