Bottles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CAAD7R3000

by CAAD7R3000

I've just weighed some of our bottles, a 750ml comes in at about 77gr and a 500ml at 60gr which is not too bad considering they are proper cycling bidons and not crappy PET bottles.

Please note that PET bottles are designed for single use only and not for re use as the plastic breaks down over time. Our bottles which are high density polyethelene can be re used over and over and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.

I have attached images of the 2 I weighed.
Attachments
750ml_AlluringAlloy.jpg
500ml_dementedblue.jpg

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

What about re-cycling your urine? :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ripley451

by Ripley451

Would riding with an inserted catheter be comfortable? :lol:
Vorsprung Durch Tortë http://www.costablancacycling.com/

pk0r

by pk0r

carbophylus extremus wrote:i remember having read something about water bottles made of carbon fyber.

I have seen those as well, but don't recall the manufacturer either at the moment.. :noidea:
Elite at least offers a bottle made of carbon fiber & alloy - the Arkadio.

I doubt that carbon is lighter than plastic though. It definitely will be less comfortable to use.
Attachments
Elite Arkadio.gif
| works for an European bike manufacturer |
| "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

CAAD7R3000

by CAAD7R3000

You'll find that it's actually heavier as the bottles arent a carbon fibre as such but an alloy bottle with a carbon wrap around it as a carbon bottle would not be safe to drink out of with out some sort of coating etc.

I had a look at these at the Bicycling australia trade show last year and they do look nice but being alloy, you cant squeeze them and they are about 70 euros per bottle as opposed to about $10 aus for a regular bottle. They would definately be one for going straight to the coffee shop and back home with.

morrisond

by morrisond

You guys are missing the best option. All you need is a little Carbon in the bottom of the seat tube with a small drinking tube running up to your mouth. Almost 0 weight, and you save the weight of the Cages, Screws, Grommets and Bottles. Remove Seat to fill(Or just have a cut out in the seat). Turn bike upside down to clean.

WillMcGinnis

by WillMcGinnis

downside to that, the all too common, oops! i didnt mean to leave accelerade in there in the hot sun for 3 days :oops: and then your 6 pound CR1 smells like balls, and has an extra 190 grams of ecoli and god knows what else

:D

username

by username

WillMcGinnis wrote:downside to that, the all too common, oops! i didnt mean to leave accelerade in there in the hot sun for 3 days :oops: and then your 6 pound CR1 smells like balls, and has an extra 190 grams of ecoli and god knows what else

LOL

Warblade

by Warblade

WillMcGinnis wrote:downside to that, the all too common, oops! i didnt mean to leave accelerade in there in the hot sun for 3 days :oops: and then your 6 pound CR1 smells like balls, and has an extra 190 grams of ecoli and god knows what else

Thats a lot of ECOLI!
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

KF

by KF

Interesting thread.

But no matter how light the bottles are, they will always weigh a ton when you put in the water? So does it really matter?
- G. Digital K. Loco

Camelfred

by Camelfred

KF wrote:Interesting thread.
But no matter how light the bottles are, they will always weigh a ton when you put in the water? So does it really matter?

Sorry , but thats silly ?!
Would be the same as if you say "no matter how light the bike is - it would weigh a ton when you put a rider on it " ... :wink:
Camelfred

Knut

by Knut

Camelfred wrote:Sorry , but thats silly ?!
Would be the same as if you say "no matter how light the bike is - it would weigh a ton when you put a rider on it " ... :wink:
Camelfred

My thoughts exactly... :exactly:

Enforcer

by Enforcer

Tune 750ml

Squiggy

by Squiggy

Enforcer wrote:Tune 750ml

I thought they were supposed to make light stuff?
I'm a real Roadie, now!
2003 Colnago Dream (57 cm) full Dura-Ace 7700.
2005 Colnago C50 HP (56 cm) full Dura-Ace 7800.
2006 Giant TCR 2.

Danton

by Danton

No need to fill the whole screen with the photo again Squiggy.

Anyway, that's a Tacx bottle, with Tune logos on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com