American Classic Headset.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

theremery

by theremery

I've been using a tiso joe magnesium for almost 1 year. I'm using it on my mtb (even tho it's a road h/set) and it hasn't died yet!! At 63g for a non intergrated h/set, it is pretty light and certainly seems to be durable! Even the top cap was lighter than my syntace top cap. These guys obviously take weight seriously!
Last edited by theremery on Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

BikeTech

by BikeTech

Juanmoretime wrote:Does anyone have any feedback on the AC headset. I don't want a plastic one, MCRacer. My current headset is a King and while Kings have served me well for many years I want to see if there is something that works well and is relatively durable and lighter of course!

Despritely in search of less.

I've had reasonably good luck with the AC 1" ultra-light headsets. After about a year and a half of solid use on one of my bikes the lower bearing did start to die. Obviously these things are not King durable. The weight was 68 grams sans top cap assuming you have the alloy crown race. Most of the AC crown races are steel these days.

From memory Juanmoretime, you have a 1" headtube? If so, I have a new in the box Tiso Joe 7075 1" headset in black. Weight is 65 grams including the steel crown race. Weight does not include the top cap. Cannot vouch for it's reliability.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com