rolfprima elan aero

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aj

by aj

am thinking of getting a pair :) a question.in cycle sport they are £650 now i've seen them for £520 from fairwheelbikes.is there somewhere in the uk that anyone know's of i can get them for the same price or close to the fairwheelbikes price.if not has anyone in the uk ever bought wheel's from the u.s.a :?: if so did you have any problem's :roll:

snips

by snips

Have just got a pair, my local bike shop with whom I've spent £1000's with gave my a decent price almost comparable to US prices.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aj

by aj

hi snips
what do you think of them pro's&con's :?:

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Good wheels. Small brake track/side walls. Good quality hubs, however, they are so frekin' loud. Like Chris King loud. A riding buddy has them and I can't stand riding behind him when we are going down hill, drives me crazy.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

drjones96

by drjones96

I have Vigors which have the same hub internals as the Elans. (White Industries) When I was at bikemessenger's over the weekend he took mine appart and put some secret grease on the engagment thing-a-ma-jig and now it's not so loud. He could probably tell you what he put on there if he's reading.

If you want a quiet hub get some velomax/easton wheels.

bikemesenger
Shop Owner

by bikemesenger

I put a grease named Slick Honey in the pawls to quite them down. The grease is actually made for suspension forks but it works really good for this application.

durarace

by durarace

I used walmart waterproof grease. Works perfect. Almost too quite.

Danton

by Danton

I'm riding these and they're not too noisy for me. The wheels are very impressive, they are not deep aero wheels but the profiled rim and CX-ray spokes help make them quick. The braking surface is small but if you set the pads up properly, this isn't a problem. I can't notice much flex, compared to my Mavic Ksyrium wheels, there's little difference in flex when I'm sprinting in a big gear uphill. But the weight is great, they are light and this helps. I can't comment yet on durability and adjustability could be a problem but after 1000km or so, they're holding up fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com