Thought I share my new BLUE RC6...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jim

by jim

Nothing like some subtle marketing to push sales of the Blue brand from your own site. Commercial posting.

DIRT BOY wrote:frames I have very not very compliant. My old LS Capella was better than most Cannondale I tired in term of smoothness in back due to the s-shped seatstays. A bunch of riders who rode this frame were suprised on oh well it rode.

Now the Blue blows in away in smoothness. I can ride bricked paved roads, potholes and other bumps with harly any feedback in the rear. vey comfortable and smooth.

Spriniting is not an issue. The frame feels stiff enough at the BB and at the rear chainstays. Again it's a very nice riding bike and comapres very well to a lot of CF and Alum TOP-END rides I have tried.

I always get a laugh whenI hear about stiffness in frames, stems, bars, bb, cranks etc...

95% of riders will NEVER notice the differnce in a blaind test study. You believe something is stiffer beacuase marketing says so.
Now frame, bars and wheels for me are the easiest to feel. And even then, unless changes are big most people will not notice.
A testing machine might, but you might have a very hard time.

Square taper BB are stiff enough for the top sprinters right? Think they whin more races on external BB?

Also if a frame or wheels are too stiff, this will translate to fatigue which is not good.

Ride what is stiff enough for your needs an othing more, IMO.

If any of you get a chance to test ride a BLUE, you might be suprised.
At the origianl weight of 960g, this frame was a BIG TIME steal. Now it's one of the better frame for the money.

Thank for the thoughts....