is this a new giant model???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Exar

by Exar

Perhaps it's a Walser TT bike? I believe der Jan used those before.
Chains to the right!

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I believe that is the new Giant TT bike built to Jans Specs.

Pego

by Pego

Exar wrote:Perhaps it's a Walser TT bike? I believe der Jan used those before.

NO GIANT GHETTO BIKE!!!!!! that is a Walser.

Pego

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Pego wrote:NO GIANT GHETTO BIKE!!!!!! that is a Walser.

No, that is not a Walser. :roll: Jan hasn't been on a Walser since the 2004 Athens Olympics. This is Ulles Giant TT bike he is on since last season. Giant made this new TT bike, very like a Walser, but it certainly is a Giant. :wink:

Here he and Vino are in the TdF 1st stage of 2005 on that Giant:

Image Image

And pictures of Michael Rogers Giant TT. If you know anything about Walser frames, you will soon notice the differences (headset area, seatpost, etc.):

If you want to compare with his 2004 Walser:

Attachments
gianttt.jpg
giantrogers3.jpg
giantrogers2.jpg
giantrogers1.jpg

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Thanks for the vindication casran!

Also, how do you think Michael Rogers feels about all that time he put in helping develop the new Time TT bike only to switch bikes?

Pego

by Pego

C a s r a n wrote:
Pego wrote:NO GIANT GHETTO BIKE!!!!!! that is a Walser.

No, that is not a Walser. :roll: Jan hasn't been on a Walser since the 2004 Athens Olympics. This is Ulles Giant TT bike he is on since last season. Giant made this new TT bike, very like a Walser, but it certainly is a Giant. :wink:

Here he and Vino are in the TdF 1st stage of 2005 on that Giant:

Image Image

And pictures of Michael Rogers Giant TT. If you know anything about Walser frames, you will soon notice the differences (headset area, seatpost, etc.):

If you want to compare with his 2004 Walser:

I still think Giant is GHETTO. Is Good they copy someone who knows how to make a TT bike :twisted:

Pego

kAb

by kAb

I believe this bike will be in the line up for their 2007 bikes. That's usually how it works with Giant, you get what the pros "were" using. Seeing Carsan's knowledge on the topic, I was wondering if you could clarify this but I believe the Giant 05 TT bike and 06 Trinity's are what they were riding in 2004.

Exar

by Exar

Casran, those pics clared things up quite a bit. The protrusion on the front of the bike looks very similar to a Kuota Kup mountainbike (nobody knows why it has an aero front, though)...
Chains to the right!

kAb

by kAb

Pego, i don't know what your definition of GHETTO is but a giant certainly isn't that.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Pego wrote:I still think Giant is GHETTO. Is Good they copy someone who knows how to make a TT bike :twisted:

I don't know what the word "ghetto" means (except from this word in a jewish context), but I think Giant makes some excellent price/quality bikes. Their previous TT bike was a real beauty, I think... But when a products becomes popular some people start to like it less, only because of that fact; same thing happened to Trek OCLV bikes.

kAb wrote:I believe this bike will be in the line up for their 2007 bikes. That's usually how it works with Giant, you get what the pros "were" using. Seeing Carsan's knowledge on the topic, I was wondering if you could clarify this but I believe the Giant 05 TT bike and 06 Trinity's are what they were riding in 2004.

I agree with you on that, and it has been discussed here before... stupid strategy. :?

Exar wrote:Casran, those pics clared things up quite a bit. The protrusion on the front of the bike looks very similar to a Kuota Kup mountainbike (nobody knows why it has an aero front, though)...

Indeed strange thing on the front of that Kuota!

kAb

by kAb

Yeah, i don't think it's the best strategy. But Giant leads the industry, and don't have to sell exactly what the pros are on when they're on it. It's because of the price/quality/value thing you mentioned, aside from making money OEMing for virtually every big name company here in the states.

Love all the pics Carsan :!:

mzagorski

by mzagorski

What conti tires are they using for TT's ?

drjones96

by drjones96

C a s r a n wrote:I don't know what the word "ghetto" means (except from this word in a jewish context)...

Uh...ok. Have you ever seen the movies of America where the neighborhoods are all run down but every other car is an Escalade with 20 inch gold rims with spinners driven by one of the neighborhood pimps? That's da hood or ghetto. The dude is trying to say that Giant bikes are low-class bling.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com