Questions of Weight (CAAD7, UD, SC-R and XL Carbon)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

piotrbr

by piotrbr

I stumbled upon this website while researching frame weights and it has been a great resource - thanks to all the guys who put it together. I do, however, have a whole host of questions that weren't quite addressed in what I could find here and elsewhere online, so I'm hoping that people could help out:

CAAD7 Optimo Si: I called, and they quoted the price listed here as frame weight (~1240g) as frameset weight - anyone know if that number is frame or frame+fork?

De Rosa UD: ~1020g frame, but the fork that comes with it = ? It is listed as the Mizuno MR20, but I can't find that anyone online.

Scanttante SC-R: The fact that it is advertised as a 2.4 lds frame for 1000$ has me leery - any verification (on weight/quality)?

XL Carbon: Any idea of the weight of the fork? Just like the UD - can't find it online.

Other bikes: Pegoretti CCKMP and Litespeed Ghisallo - I think I have the weights etc., but any comments would be appreciated.

Any other (quality, stiffness, etc.) comments on the frames I am looking at would be much appreciated. And as for the apparent discrepancy in the frame prices, right now I have found them all of them for +/- 400$. Thanks again

Superlite

by Superlite

CAAD7 Optimo Si: I called, and they quoted the price listed here as frame weight (~1240g) as frameset weight - anyone know if that number is frame or frame+fork?

Just the frame dude, fork weighs 310g uncut.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HakeemT

by HakeemT

XL Carbon: Any idea of the weight of the fork? Just like the UD - can't find it online.

If you mean Bianchi's XL Carbon; it comes with a Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork, made for Bianchi. Weight is approx. 350 gram

benz76

by benz76

Be careful with DeRosa UD: first of all it had big problems of reliability.
Second: frame + fork + headset= 1560, 45cm size (if i remember it sholud be 49-50 equivalent), so it's heavier than claimed...

Bye, Benz

piotrbr

by piotrbr

Thanks for the responses. For clarification, I was thinking about the Bianchi XL Carbon.

De Rosa: Damn, the frame must be substantially heavier than claimed, unless the fork+Headset are fairly heavy. Add reliability issues and this pretty bike looks like it's not worth it.