Lew Atlanta clincher wheels weight??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

There is a pair of Lew Atlanta clinchers for sale I am thinking of buying. Does anyone out there know the actual weight of these wheels? also, are they durable enough for training for a guy weighing 155 lbs??

Rogue_M3

by Rogue_M3

Here's some info on the LEWs:

LEW Atlanta clinchers
The road racer’s garage is a tangled forest of spokes--wheels hanging from nails, hooks, or anything else that protrudes from the rafters. The reason is that no clincher light enough to race on is strong enough to train on. Enter Atlanta, the world’s first 100% graphite clincher. A unidirectional laminate marvel and the first real advance in clincher rim technology since the category was invented. Built with our 3D/DL process, Atlanta clinchers aren’t subject to the inherent limitations of traditional materials. The result is a rim that’s strong enough for the most brutal training ride and light enough for top-tier racing. Once again walk upright in your garage. Features hidden standard spoke nipples and ceramic braking surface.
$1399.00

http://www.hi-techbikes.com/accessor.htm

As for the weight, if they have the White Ind. LTA hubs then I'd say they are probably pretty close to the new Reynolds Stratus clinchers. You won't have any problems using these wheels at 155 lbs. LEW wheels are very strong and durable wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

cyclemanpat wrote:There is a pair of Lew Atlanta clinchers for sale I am thinking of buying. Does anyone out there know the actual weight of these wheels? also, are they durable enough for training for a guy weighing 155 lbs??

With the way Lew had problems, I wouldn't buy them...especially for training with the problems they had with the White hubs they used.
Ride lightly!