Fu..?§%$&!..ing Storck

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Camelfred

by Camelfred

Hi ,
i'm in a rage , and i'll tell you why :
7 weeks ago i ordered a set of storck powerarms @ my LBS and was told it would last 8 weeks because the cranks only were made to order .
Today i was nearby my LBS , so i stopped by and asked him to call storck if the delivery date next week will be o.k. - and what did we get to hear:
They're sorry but there's no order from "us" in their system !
First i thought it's a belated april fool's joke , but it was dead earnest .:twisted: :cry:
The mistake was 100% made by storck cause i was standing near my dealer when he placed the order ...
And storck wasn't able to tell me a new delivery date ....
Does anybody know a online-shop which has a THM Calvicula (175mm lenght,130BCD) in stock , prefered in europe ?
Best regards
Camelfred

King Weel

by King Weel

I dont think you will finds a shop which has them in stock, something to do with demand/production capacity... You can order them trough starbike though, will take approx. 8 weeks....
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alienator

by alienator

King Weel wrote:I dont think you will finds a shop which has them in stock, something to do with demand/production capacity... You can order them trough starbike though, will take approx. 8 weeks....

The wait now is more like 10-12 weeks. Madcow can tell you better than I.

Camelfred

by Camelfred

King Weel wrote:....will take approx. 8 weeks....

Hello ,
so i could wait for the powerarms , too ... :wink: :cry:
Camelfred

King Weel

by King Weel

Whether you have to wait 8 or up to 12 weeks, Claviculas or Powerarms, I am afraid it wont make any difference... :cry: Conversly, if your prepared to pay about EUR 870 for the Claviculas, I suggest to order these instead of the Powerarms. IMHO, the Claviculas are superior to the Powerarms in every way (stiffness/weight/design (no ISIS)).
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

I'm told there is no one anywhere that has them in stock. In the U.S. the wait is pushed out to 16weeks. My guy in Italy says they average 13-15 there, and usually in Germany it now runs out to 10-12 weeks.

So it looks as though nobody gets them particularly quick.

In my opinion the THM are nicer than the Storcks, though quite similar in feel. Storck wins out in the Qfactor though, with the THM's being wider.

CarbonSports

by CarbonSports

madcow wrote:In my opinion the THM are nicer than the Storcks, though quite similar in feel. Storck wins out in the Qfactor though, with the THM's being wider.

THM makes the Powerarms for Storck. So the "Storcks" really ARE THM´s

Thomas (at THM) just wanted to establish his own brand and came up with a new crank design (Clavicula) where he just put in all his experience from the OEM Storck production and developed it further.

Thomas knows what he´s doing. And Claviculas are the next evolution step after Powerarms....

kAb

by kAb

delete

Camelfred

by Camelfred

Hi guys ,
thanks for your replys !!
The only reason for choosing powerarms is optic - i don't like how the clavicula looks ( especially the "asymetrical" spider ) though i know about the "technical advantage" ...
Camelfred
PS: I like the slim look of the Natec MythicCarbon too , but they aren't available in 175mm , too . :cry: ( only in compact-version )

spytech

by spytech

alpcross.com had a few in stock.. i was originally going to get it from them, but their was a little problem with the way they were going to ship to me - i waited till the weekend and they were sold out - they have more coming in, i would check with them. they are in spain.

tcr

by tcr

King Weel wrote:I dont think you will finds a shop which has them in stock, something to do with demand/production capacity...

Sounds a bit like the Flysports cranks.. :lol:

peterb_bt

by peterb_bt

You can never have too much carbon fibre....!

Camelfred

by Camelfred

Hi again ,
new situation:
After a sleepless night :wink: i thought about the situation during my ~4 hour-ride in the morning and came to the decision that maybe i should try the 172,5-lenght .
Then i rode to my LBS , called Storck again and after getting no delivery-date for the 175mm ( not even the 8 weeks would be guaranteed after a callback to THM ) i decided to order the 172,5 which are available .
On my spinning-bike ( for winter-training ) are mounted 170mm-cranks , so i think i will have no problem with the 172,5 .
Otherwise it would be bad luck and i would have to pay the price for my impatience - then you will find the cranks in the "for sale"-section ... :wink:
Camelfred

LAN

by LAN

Storck wins out in the Qfactor though, with the THM's being wider.

Have Storck changed the Q-factor recently? My 02 modell have a Q-factor of 168mm, with a 103mm bb. The chainline was also to high.

I sold them because of this, and I am considering Clavicula instead, but if Storck have a lower Q-factor now, I might buy them again.

What are the current Q-factor and chainline?

Best regards
LAN

Kuiper

by Kuiper

why don't you wait for the Zero Gravity crancks 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com