Just got a new frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

drjones96

by drjones96

Ok So I won a frame on Ebay last night. :D
I wasn't planning on getting a frame for a while but it was a pretty good deal on a frame that's just right for my tastes and size.

So here's the particulars. 58cm 2001 CAAD4 Cannondale R600 frame (changing from 60cm). It's a Black-on-Black paint/decal job. The frame is painted flat black and has gloss black decals. Very cool IMHO 8) . It's old you say? It's out of date you say? Well I wanted another CAAD4 for several reasons.

1. It comes with a standard head tube (CAAD5's were the first to have integrated).

2. I will be able to transfer all my components over to it.

3. It actually received good stiffness numbers in Tour.

4. I really like the paint job and have been kicking myself since 2001 for not getting one like this instead of what I have.

5. YOU CAN GET THEM CHEAP! :lol:

So I think I plan on just transfering all my equipment over to it with the exeption of the Stem, Bar, and Fork. I think I want to get new stuff there. I'm thinking about getting new stuff there.

Ritchey 4-axis 120 mm (longer stem than what I had due to smaller frame....which will probably fit me better)
Ritchey WCS Carbon Fork

Bar?....Still thinking on this one. I'm thinking about either an EC90 Equipe or Ritchey WCS Carbon. But I'm open to suggestion. I don't want to spend a lot of coin so I'll probably be looking on ebay.

But anyway here's my current bike and the frame I just bought below. I'm thinking about taking the Rolf Vigor Decals off so it will go with the look of the new frame. I don't think those rainbow colored decals will match the bike. With the exception of the stuff I'm going to change (bar, stem, and fork) I'm going to leave mostly everything else alone.

Wouldn't This setup look super cool with the new Zero G Crank.

What do yall think?
Attachments
004.jpg
Black_CDALE.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TunedCannondaleR700

by TunedCannondaleR700

nice buy. Just curious, how much does the bike weigh now?
Cannondale is quite simply the best

JTC

by JTC

Looks great. Would look nice with ZG's. Just got a frame replacement for my CAAD8 that got cracked in a wreck, so I have a brand new Slice Premium+ fork if you are interested. Its full carbon (including drops) and a great fork. As far as the wheels go, yes the stickers must go

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

I like it! :thumbup:

OT when are you heading to Chat?

drjones96

by drjones96

Tomorrow Morning I'm leaving out early. Should be there early evening (hopefully in time for food).

drjones96

by drjones96

JTC wrote:Looks great. Would look nice with ZG's. Just got a frame replacement for my CAAD8 that got cracked in a wreck, so I have a brand new Slice Premium+ fork if you are interested. Its full carbon (including drops) and a great fork. As far as the wheels go, yes the stickers must go

I may be interested. How much does it weigh and how long is the steerer?(if it was on a small frame it may not work)

edit:
Also was the fork impacted in the wreck?
Last edited by drjones96 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drjones96

by drjones96

TunedCannondaleR700 wrote:nice buy. Just curious, how much does the bike weigh now?

17.25 lbs is what I weighed it at last year when I took these pics. The only thing I've changed is the computer.

tcr

by tcr

Looks great, congrats! :D

Etienne

by Etienne

drjones96 wrote:So here's the particulars. 58cm 2001 CAAD4 Cannondale R600 frame (changing from 60cm). It's a Black-on-Black paint/decal job. The frame is painted flat black and has gloss black decals. Very cool IMHO 8) . It's old you say? It's out of date you say? Well I wanted another CAAD4 for several reasons.

I've exactly the same frame for my winter bike ... I bought the bike in june 2001 and made some upgrades but the frame is still in very good condition, even after the rough conditions of the winter roads :wink:

Bombproof, stealth ... good choice 8)

DrBones

by DrBones

I just put a 4-Axis on my wife's new frame. She gets comments all the time on how cool it looks. We coupled it with the ordinary road WCS OS bars. I think it is a really comfy setup. It's different than her previous setup, but she hasn't complained once. To me, that means we got it right or at least closer to right.

DrBones

JTC

by JTC

I may be interested. How much does it weigh and how long is the steerer?(if it was on a small frame it may not work)

I haven't weighed it, but I think around 360g uncut. I'll confirm tonight. The fork has never been used and is uncut, so no problem there.

drjones96

by drjones96

JTC wrote:

I haven't weighed it, but I think around 360g uncut. I'll confirm tonight. The fork has never been used and is uncut, so no problem there.

Oh great then. Let's talk in PM about price and such.

Coolhand

by Coolhand

Bar?....Still thinking on this one. I'm thinking about either an EC90 Equipe or Ritchey WCS Carbon. But I'm open to suggestion. I don't want to spend a lot of coin so I'll probably be looking on ebay.

FYI- I tried the switch from the EC90 Equip bars to the Ritchey WCS Carbon Classic 135 bars and absolutely HATED them. They were terrible. I took them right back off and put them onto my Opal, which I am about to Ebay, and moved the EC90's onto my new Tarmac SL project.

8)
This forum would be a better place if you had to know what you were talking about prior to posting. And if you took yourself less seriously.

drjones96

by drjones96

Coolhand wrote:FYI- I tried the switch from the EC90 Equip bars to the Ritchey WCS Carbon Classic 135 bars and absolutely HATED them. They were terrible. I took them right back off and put them onto my Opal, which I am about to Ebay, and moved the EC90's onto my new Tarmac SL project.

8)

OK You didn't like thw WCS Carbon Classic which has the pro-style rounded drops. Did you try the WCS Carbon Logic bars that have the flats in the drops?

Do you have the EC90 Equipe (with the flats) or Equipe Pro (with pro-style rounded drops)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Optimo-GmC

by Optimo-GmC

Very nice frame!
2011 Cannondale Flash 29er (in order)
2008 Cannondale SuperSix
2007 Cannondale Taurine (for sale)