9-speed dura-ace on campa 10speed body

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Johancoenen
Resident Pro

by Johancoenen

Hi
Does anybody know how to use 9speed dura ace drive train with a campagnolo 10speed cassette? If you place only 9 cogs on the freehub body? :roll: :roll:
no pain no gain

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobalou

by bobalou

Johancoenen wrote:Hi
Does anybody know how to use 9speed dura ace drive train with a campagnolo 10speed cassette? If you place only 9 cogs on the freehub body? :roll: :roll:

The short answer is it won't work because the spacing is different. So, why do you want to do that, I'm curious? The more common mix is campy shifters with DA drivetrain. You might get some clues from teh previous thread:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 31&start=0

Johancoenen
Resident Pro

by Johancoenen

Because I'm riding a Dura ace group and now I'm having lightweights with a campa body. Yes I know campa is making a body for Shimano.... but I'm wondering if there is anonther "option"
no pain no gain

bobalou

by bobalou

Johancoenen wrote:Because I'm riding a Dura ace group and now I'm having lightweights with a campa body. Yes I know campa is making a body for Shimano.... but I'm wondering if there is anonther "option"

Assuming I'm hearing you correctly ... Since the 10-speed campy cassettes have more narrow spacing and you only want to use 9 of the cogs, You'd have to find a custom spacer kit to get the spacing to match 9-speed shimano. Don't know if that exists anywhere. Why don't you just use the 9-speed campagnolo cassette instead? I think the spacing is the same as shimano 9, but it would probably need a simple derailleur adjustment. Is that too simple a solution? :D

These are the two guys (that I know of) that sell conversion kits, but don't believe either sell the combo you're looking for.

VeloPartsInc@hotmail.com

http://wheelsmfg.com/

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Johancoenen wrote:Hi

You could make a cassette up like this using Marchisio parts.
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Joel

by Joel

I have Record 10s drivetrain with 9s Campagnolo cassette: no problem
So I think if you use a 9sp Campa cassette it will work