Dissapointed with Velobuild

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattr

by mattr

But this is a metal insert in the frame. With another metal insert bonded in.
The "full fat/ full cost" option would be a BSA insert in the frame itself. Without the intermediate bb30 insert......

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

DIYbike wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:16 pm
If occurs to me that is similar to a J&L BB30-to-BSA adapter which is designed as a press-fit interface and is not intended to be permanently bonded to the BB30 races, as proper toque of 35-42 nm of the threaded BSA cups would easily weaken the bonded interface every time the cups are removed/installed.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

I thought it was established that Velo build is a shady reseller?

DIYbike

by DIYbike

Thanks for all the advice. Ive gone the cheap way to start with and glued it back with some epoxi after removing all trh rests from the previous bond.

To my great satisfaction is seams to hold up. I've been doing som real har max sprints without it comlaining.

Still not happy with Velobuilds after market policy. interesting learing experiance though.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

It's a cheap product with a defined waranty term, what did you really expect?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

halcyongolf

by halcyongolf

Rather than turning me off to Velobuild, this thread makes me respect the company a bit more. Your bike lasted over 2 years without a problem, you seem happy enough with it to perform a fix, and the issue was minor and easily repairable. On top of all that your bike looks nice for a chino-specialized with that paint.