Powermeter question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Both the 4iiii and Stages dual-leg PMs fit the bill.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

robertbb wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:16 am
Hmm. Garmin Connect tells me I'm on the latest version (3.30), but I don't see that option when I calibrate!
Which powermeter are you using as auto zero is not an option for all powermeters (ex. Powertap hubs).
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

robertbb

by robertbb

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:36 am
robertbb wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:16 am
Hmm. Garmin Connect tells me I'm on the latest version (3.30), but I don't see that option when I calibrate!
Which powermeter are you using as auto zero is not an option for all powermeters (ex. Powertap hubs).
Favero Assioma Duo pedals

banik69

by banik69

Hi there I have a question, there is any way to check my powermeter if sends to my monitor the right numbers ???
I have the old p2m powermeter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c60rider

by c60rider

banik69 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:54 pm
Hi there I have a question, there is any way to check my powermeter if sends to my monitor the right numbers ???

What's the right numbers though? If that's the only power meter you have then as long as it's consistent ie the effort you're putting out is giving you an expected power output similar to what you've had before for the same perceived effort then it's still accurate. If you use different power meters then you can compare to some degree but if you need to check it's still calibrated as when it was new then you'd probably need it to go back to the factory for them to check unless you have accurate means of doing that. But that's a whole new discussion out of my knowledge base. Only if it starts giving some odd numbers compared to previous similar efforts would I be suspicious of accuracy.

banik69

by banik69

c60rider wrote:
banik69 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:54 pm

What's the right numbers though? If that's the only power meter you have then as long as it's consistent ie the effort you're putting out is giving you an expected power output similar to what you've had before for the same perceived effort then it's still accurate. If you use different power meters then you can compare to some degree but if you need to check it's still calibrated as when it was new then you'd probably need it to go back to the factory for them to check unless you have accurate means of doing that. But that's a whole new discussion out of my knowledge base. Only if it starts giving some odd numbers compared to previous similar efforts would I be suspicious of accuracy.
I have it for years with zero problems, I have a little suspicion but maybe wrong.

With friends training with i compare to some flat of course not climbing and I thing that a little less about 10-15 Watts than they are, but maybe my idea.

I use p2m with pc8 computer, what is the right protocol for my powermeter ?
At srm device agent I have these options
CTF
RCP
TAW
TAC

TonyM

by TonyM

banik69 wrote:
I have it for years with zero problems, I have a little suspicion but maybe wrong.

With friends training with i compare to some flat of course not climbing and I thing that a little less about 10-15 Watts than they are, but maybe my idea.

CTF
RCP
TAW
TAC

Which powermeters do your friends use? Single side?

banik69

by banik69

TonyM wrote:
banik69 wrote:

CTF
RCP
TAW
TAC

Which powermeters do your friends use? Single side?
Mmmmm I am not sure but both of them have rotor power meter

I read somewhere that p2m working good only with Renata battery, is this possible?
I thing at dc rainmaker

AJS914

by AJS914

10-15 watts compared to your friend is meaningless. The only way to check it against another meter is to ride both on the same bike at the same time. If you could find access to a smart trainer you could compare to that.

TonyM

by TonyM

Renata is the best indeed.
However their custumer support told me that any good quality brand will also work.