Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scb

by scb

ParisCarbon wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:55 pm
I keep opening this thread hoping to read something about EPS, or see a spy shot.. and all I keep seeing is how the gear ratios suck :lol:
I'm with you ParisCarbon. Really want to see new version of EPS--I'll take wireless or hidden control module.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

To bad it will probably be 12sp...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scb

by scb

Daniel1975 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:26 pm
I will just have to suffer the consequences unless I go the Di2 route with the control module in the handlebar.. But being a Campy fanboy it's just hard to make the switch--especially with my other bikes having Campy.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

scb wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:03 pm
Daniel1975 wrote:
I will just have to suffer the consequences unless I go the Di2 route with the control module in the handlebar.. But being a Campy fanboy it's just hard to make the switch--especially with my other bikes having Campy.
I hear ya.. I never had anything but Campy for 27 years, then went Di2 on both my road bike and TT bike.. I do like the Dura Ace.. it has not been a problem at all.. although the Dura Ace chains wear out like crazy.. I could put on triple the miles on Record chain I put on a Dura Ace... Im in limbo what to do with my new SL6 frame.. had 9150 and a 4iii PM all in the crosshairs, and now Im back to letting the frame sit until things get sorted out... Shimano was talkng wireless.. Campy would be crazy to not release something wireless at this stage... then again I can see them releasing a wired 12 to get it out there see the sales and this time next year guess what gets released...

Dodger747

by Dodger747

neeb wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:58 pm

It’ll probably need to be rejoined in the heart of a neutron star using a special pin forged from one of the dwarfish rings of power.
:lol: :lol:

As a long-time Campag user, isn't that the truth! Luckily there's KMC!

scb

by scb

ParisCarbon wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 pm
scb wrote:
Daniel1975 wrote:
I hear ya.. I never had anything but Campy for 27 years, then went Di2 on both my road bike and TT bike.. I do like the Dura Ace.. it has not been a problem at all.. although the Dura Ace chains wear out like crazy.. I could put on triple the miles on Record chain I put on a Dura Ace... Im in limbo what to do with my new SL6 frame.. had 9150 and a 4iii PM all in the crosshairs, and now Im back to letting the frame sit until things get sorted out... Shimano was talkng wireless.. Campy would be crazy to not release something wireless at this stage... then again I can see them releasing a wired 12 to get it out there see the sales and this time next year guess what gets released...
Guess Colnago is doing me a favor with the C64 disc with internal routing. I’m not expecting now until year end. Was ready to place order for Di2 but now have the luxury of time. Thanks Campy and Colnago!:)

robertbb

by robertbb

Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone know if the new cables will work with Campy's 11 speed gruppos - no weird changes?

... because I want "the maximum smoothness" of course

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Dodger747 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:25 am
neeb wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:58 pm

It’ll probably need to be rejoined in the heart of a neutron star using a special pin forged from one of the dwarfish rings of power.
:lol: :lol:

As a long-time Campag user, isn't that the truth! Luckily there's KMC!
I don’t understand the chain complaints, sure the official Campagnolo chain tool is expensive but there’s much cheaper alternatives that do the job perfectly well. You need a chain tool to break the chain to the correct length anyway, so what’s the problem with connecting with the same £15 tool?

corky

by corky

scb wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 pm
scb wrote:
Daniel1975 wrote:
Guess Colnago is doing me a favor with the C64 disc with internal routing. I’m not expecting now until year end. Was ready to place order for Di2 but now have the luxury of time. Thanks Campy and Colnago!:)
The problem with wireless is SRAM have patents that make producing alternative wireless solutions very difficult.......

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

corky wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:23 am

The problem with wireless is SRAM have patents that make producing alternative wireless solutions very difficult.......
This is true...

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Seat tube battery/junction box with a wire to each mech, wireless shifters would be a pretty sweet solution. No big ugly mechs, simple installation

g00se

by g00se

Zakalwe wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:11 pm
Seat tube battery/junction box with a wire to each mech, wireless shifters would be a pretty sweet solution. No big ugly mechs, simple installation
Much like the FSA solution (though they've still manged ugly).

https://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cat ... iew-51880/

jih

by jih

bm0p700f wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:32 pm
jih really no-one want to go below 60 rpm? I do all the time. I will happily climb at 40 rpm on the road bike. I weight 85kg too. normally This is the point I have being trying to make not all cyclists are the same. Just because some like spinning in a narrow range of cadance others like me are as happy at 40 rpm as I am at 90 rpm. Although for pace on a climb 60 to 70 rpm is a about right for me. Climbing at higher cadance does not make me any quicker. Last year 24hr TT was at around 60 rpm average maybe less.
Fair enough. I wasn't aware there were cyclists who were happy to ride at 40rpm. But if that's you, it's good that it works for you.

I can't imagine averaging 60rpm on a TT. I usually work out around 95. But, again, if that's what works with you, why not? Maybe the extreme duration is something to do with it.

Priit

by Priit

This new Campy 12-speed gruppo and especially new wide Bora wheels are designed purely for mamils (read heavy, overweight easy training persons) in mind. Only totally suicidal and ignorant towards other fellow cyclists person will go to mountain or even flattish races with clinchers. Twelve speeds - meh, why not - bikes are nowadays so light anyway that few more grams dosen't matter. Personally I think that in 99% of routes and climbes one can ride in Europe, 11-25 11-speed cassette and compact crankset is totally enough for ordinary average non-competing cyclist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Only totally suicidal and ignorant towards other fellow cyclists person will go to mountain or even flattish races with clinchers.
That doesn't make sense. Why would someone be suicidal to use clinchers?

I thought the new wheels were time trial wheels and meant to be used tubeless because Campy thinks that results in the fastest wheel.