Best shop in Paris

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I’ll be in Paris in late May and I’m looking to kill a couple of hrs one afternoon chilling. Thought visiting a very nice shop would fit the bill.

Any suggestions of any worth going to??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Antoine

by Antoine

Unfortunalely bike shops in Paris have disapperead over the years, no one is really worth visiting.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Too bad. Anything cycling related worth seeing??

dgasmd

by dgasmd

1415chris wrote:Champs-Élysées...? ;)
LOL....have been there several times, and there is nothing about it that screams cycling even after watching 2 dozen tours on tv. Matter of react, it’s more than amazing to me anyone can ride on those cobbles and not kill themselves as slippery and harsh as they can be

TiPX

by TiPX

If you had your bike with you, it could be interesting to go ride around Longchamp hippodrome. Lot of cyclists go there to train, there are sometimes big packs of riders (at least during non business hours).
Other than that, not much to see. And like said above, unfortunately not any bike shop really worth visiting..

ms6073

by ms6073

TiPX wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:38 pm
it could be interesting to go ride around Longchamp hippodrome.
DCRainmaker implied that the entire park - Bois De Vincennes? - around the hipodrome was a nice place to ride. Wife and I were there last September and thought it was a very nice park as we walked through on our the way to the Zoo.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Here you go.

93 rue de Rivoli (Le Louvre), Paris, Île-de-France

Best place
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

mergeforthekill

by mergeforthekill

I enjoyed this place: http://steelcyclewear.com/

dmp

by dmp

Go to Laurent Cycles (http://www.cycleslaurent.com/en/). Its at 9 Boulevard Voltaire, a few blocks from the Republique or Oberkampf Metro stops, in the 3rd Arr., and not far from the Marais. Its one of the oldest (the oldest?) bike shops in Paris. Take a look at the web site- I'll bet you will enjoy a visit. The shop was started by a pre-war rider in the Tour, and is still, I believe, run by his descendants.

basilic

by basilic

if you like classic, check out Alex Singer in Levallois
http://www.cycles-alex-singer.fr/

ms6073

by ms6073

dmp wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:11 am
Go to Laurent Cycles (). Its at 9 Boulevard Voltaire, a few blocks from the Republique or Oberkampf Metro stops, in the 3rd Arr., and not far from the Marais.
Drat! Wife and I stayed not far from Republique Square in mid-September of summer last year, sure wish I had known, as I would love to have seen that shop. We did find it nice to see all the people dancing and having a good time in the square every night, as you rarely see that in large cities in Texas.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

TonyM

by TonyM

A nice store (like Laurent but in smaller) was years ago on the top of the Avenue de la Garnde Armée (left side from the Arc de Triomphe)..
You may check it it is still there....If yes, it was worth it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

basilic

by basilic

a nice shop is kilomètre 0: www.km0.paris, just off Arc de Triomphe, on rue des Acacias 20
knowledgeable nice people
they have nice equipment like café du cycliste, poc, pedaled, bobet
best feature is a cycling studio upstairs (tacx with cannondales, wattvelos, one zwift), lots of light
one can join for one month for a very reasonable fee