Sagan Superstar...still waiting

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Colt501

by Colt501

I placed an order last October for a 52cm Sagan Superstar frame, even though I have contacted my LBS several times, I can't seem to get a definate answer or time frame when it's expected to deliver. Is it normal to wait over 6 months for a frame? I understand it's a extremely popular frame, but I'm becoming frustrated on how much longer it will take.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

that has been long sold out... maybe they might put you in line for 2019 version ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Chello

by Chello

They dropped the ball and don’t want to give you the bad news. If you put down a deposit I sugest getting it back or redirecting it to other products.

olir

by olir

Hi,
I ordered mine in November.
First delivery was at the end of December, then January, then February and finally he landed in my living room last week !!!
Every day of waiting was worth it !!!
Now only the weather has to get better here in Germany
Attachments
IMG_3438.jpg

Colt501

by Colt501

I guess anything worth having is worth waiting for. It's just so damn frustrating.

queloque67

by queloque67

Chello wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 am
They dropped the ball and don’t want to give you the bad news. If you put down a deposit I sugest getting it back or redirecting it to other products.
Get your deposit back if they can't give you a status or making you wait for the 2019 and not telling you that.
I put in an order on a bike and the bike store that was in business for over 10 years went out of business while having my deposit. Luckily it was with a credit card and credit card company resolved my issue...but it can hold you back during the investigation. Extreme example.

cassard

by cassard

we got 1x 52cm, 56cm and 58cm at my job (LBS) in Quebec, Canada.

I think the 52 is the only one not sold yet. we received them like 1 month ago.. very weird that you didn't received anything yet..

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

ship it to me ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Hardstyle

by Hardstyle

olir wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm
Hi,
I ordered mine in November.
First delivery was at the end of December, then January, then February and finally he landed in my living room last week !!!
Every day of waiting was worth it !!!
Now only the weather has to get better here in Germany
WOW nice car.

AG8PO

by AG8PO

I doubt it's useful information, but I am living in Japan and someone is selling a size 49 and size 52 on Yahoo Auctions, both brand new shipped from overseas (possibly the USA?)
So some store some where still has at least a couple in stock. I hope your issue gets sorted. It does seem like a very long time to wait for a frame.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Might have your shop get with their Specialized Sales Rep. I was waiting for about a month on mine, finally had the shop reach out to the rep, who was able to tell them exactly where it was, gave them tracking information, etc.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

Colt501

by Colt501

Maybe starting this thread has helped my quest. I received word from the shop that the frame is being shipped. Any day now.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Colt501 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:14 pm
Maybe starting this thread has helped my quest. I received word from the shop that the frame is being shipped. Any day now.
Congrats. We expect pictures when you get it built up.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

Pschnei3

by Pschnei3

Anybody take the gold S off the headtube?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

Pschnei3 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:13 pm
Anybody take the gold S off the headtube?
That's my only problem with the bike otherwise it's a superb looking gorgeous paintjob. Saw one in person last week.

I am wondering if they will ever sell a disc version of this bike. Can Specialized insiders on this forum give a clue?
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc