Garmin out-front on Ritchey C220

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

clasix

by clasix

Hi,
I'm running a standard Sram Garmin out front mount, but would really like to get a mount that mounts directly on the stem,

I'm on a Ritchey C220 stem hence the bolts are tilted which makes it difficult to find a mount that fits,

any suggestions?

Regards
Mads

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

(Nevermind, didn't read close enough and suggested a C260 mount…)

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

Edge-mount do one. Check their website.

http://edge-mount.bike/?product=mount-c260

clasix

by clasix

Hi MayhemSWE and Georidepaul,
thank you for suggestions but as you mention not applicable....I'm looking into the australian Fetha mount, which appears to be suitable, as it appaerently pivots both upwards and downwards....I've written them and awaits answer and will post back here,

I'm still open for suggestions :-)

/Mads

NiFTY

by NiFTY

The fetha won't work easily. It is drilled for 5mm bolts and you have 4mm bolts on the ritchey. The ritchey bolts are also convex on the backside, so you'll need convex washers to fill the space on the faceplate so the mount has a flat surface. Then you need to find a long m4 bolt with a large head and ideally a shim for inside the mount bolt space to take up the extra width. Ie. Brass Tube 5mm outside diameter 4mm internal diameter. Lastly as thr bolts face each other the mount (if mounted on the lower bolts) may interfere with tightening the upper bolts.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

Dammit C220 not 260

clasix

by clasix

NiFTY wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 pm
The fetha won't work easily. It is drilled for 5mm bolts and you have 4mm bolts on the ritchey. The ritchey bolts are also convex on the backside, so you'll need convex washers to fill the space on the faceplate so the mount has a flat surface. Then you need to find a long m4 bolt with a large head and ideally a shim for inside the mount bolt space to take up the extra width. Ie. Brass Tube 5mm outside diameter 4mm internal diameter. Lastly as thr bolts face each other the mount (if mounted on the lower bolts) may interfere with tightening the upper bolts.
Hi Nifty,
doesn't sound all that great :-)

Guess my options are down to sticking with the current setup or swapping out the Ritchey for a 'normal' stem....

Thanks all for the ideas and insights,
(Mads

joejack951

by joejack951

Anyone else interested in something like this? It can be made fairly easily. I have a C220 myself.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Not gonna be very pretty, but… Ritchey have a C220 GoPro mount which potentially could be combined with a something like a Trek/Bontrager Blendr computer mount.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alex222

by Alex222

Thought I would just update this old thread, as I also couldn't find anything standard that would work for my C220 stem.
E-mailed Malcolm from Raceware Direct who was able to design a 3D printed one for me.
Just had to let him know the gap between the bolts and the offset i wanted (-21 degrees).

Very pleased with the result, and it comes in at 25g (including additional weight of longer stem bolts)