Help me choose a new bike - 3500€ limit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hannawald

by hannawald

it is strange with Canyon not willing to change parts on a new bike for different size. It is probably country dependent, because it is not a problem in Czech rep., although they can not do it in factory so they send you bike in original setup and after receiving your bike you change parts with your local support help.
Have you looked at their factory outlet? older women bikes for nice prices (older frameset was same for men and women)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boshk

by Boshk

mustafah009 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:55 am
Already have a powermeter but it’s a 4iiii 105. The idea of upgrading to Durace mechanical and some nice wheels is making a lot of sense right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just did a quick google on your DA mech......why not consider the 8000 Ultegra Di2 for the same price? weight maybe heavier though.....
here's the thread on it
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=150454

If aesthetics doesn't bother you too much, you have so much options:
-you could can just get the ultegra Di2 upgrade (older 6800s version or new 8000 version)....reuse your 105 cassette, chain, brake callipers (change pads according to your new wheels) and crankset.....keep 4iii 105 pm

-sell your 4iiii 105 and grab a power2max 3d24 meter (with Praxis rings or Shimano rings)

AND get new better wheels and you would probably still have plenty of cash leftover for other toys :p Assos bib?
Last edited by Boshk on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

Merlincycles.co.uk?

re-badged ridley.

mustafah009

by mustafah009

Boshk wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:52 am
mustafah009 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:55 am
Already have a powermeter but it’s a 4iiii 105. The idea of upgrading to Durace mechanical and some nice wheels is making a lot of sense right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just did a quick google on your DA mech......why not consider the 8000 Ultegra Di2 for the same price? weight maybe heavier though.....
here's the thread on it
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=150454

If aesthetics doesn't bother you too much, you have so much options:
-you could can just get the ultegra Di2 upgrade (older 6800s version or new 8000 version)....reuse your 105 cassette, chain, brake callipers (change pads according to your new wheels) and crankset.....keep 4iii 105 pm

-sell your 4iiii 105 and grab a power2max 3d24 meter (with Praxis rings or Shimano rings)

AND get new better wheels and you would probably still have plenty of cash leftover for other toys :p Assos bib?
Thanks all for the suggestions.
I've decided to go with DA mechanical as weight is more important to me and I've got a good deal. Does anyone see any inconvenient (besides looks) of running the 4iiii 105 left crank with the DA crankset while I choose the new powermeter for this groupset?