Super six evo 2017 red etap crankset question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

Hi,

I have the evo hm 2017 etap and I had an hollogram crankset on it, I want to put rhe red 2017 crankset, I have 4 or 5 small spacers, 0.5mm translucent white. On sram Manuel tech, they say that we need all of them on the nds and 0 on the ds, just to be sure, on your evo, how many spacers did you put on nds?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

Ninja

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Mine came with three but it's not always exactly the same, depending on slight manufacturing variations (frame, bearings and PF30 cups, spindle length...) so just like the Hollowgram, it's just a matter of having enough to compress the wave washer but not too much that it's flattened. With the Red BB30 crank though, it's quite easy to take it off and on again until it's right. But the manual doesn't say you 'need all of them', it's more that the ones you use all go on the non-driveside.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

Dan Gerous wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 pm
Mine came with three but it's not always exactly the same, depending on slight manufacturing variations (frame, bearings and PF30 cups, spindle length...) so just like the Hollowgram, it's just a matter of having enough to compress the wave washer but not too much that it's flattened. With the Red BB30 crank though, it's quite easy to take it off and on again until it's right. But the manual doesn't say you 'need all of them', it's more that the ones you use all go on the non-driveside.
ok, but we seem to have the same bike, same frame, so I guess I need 3 on the nds, thats it... I torqed max 45 nm and the wave washer seems to be flat, but the crank spins well.
thanks
Ninja

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Same bike but it doesn't mean everything is exactly the same to the 0.5mm. If the wave washer is flat, it's too much even if it spins okay, radial bearings don't like too much side load so you risk going through bearings much quicker if they have too much preload. I would take the time to take a spacer or two out.

parleez1

by parleez1

Just an FYI - I called Cannondale Customer Service in the US recently and was told that changing the crankset from the Cannondale Hollowgram SiSl2 to another brand on my 2014 Super Six Black Inc would void the warranty on the frame. Sounds crazy, but that is what I was told, just thought I'd pass it along.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

That is insane... Unless it's in the owners manual I can't see how they can enforce that though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Naaaah, probably a miscommunication.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com