Campy EPS Control Module Hack

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scb

by scb

Has anyone been able to find a way to successfully hide the EPS v3 control module while still maintaining reasonable access to the charger port and the lights? I have v3 on my other bikes and want to get it for a bike on order that will have all internal routings. I don't the want the control module impacting an otherwise perfectly clean cockpit. Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

That is the only reason I have not stepped up to v3. The v2 is inside my stem and all the run inside the tubes of the bike [except where they exit to the derailleurs]. If the module is hidden, will the wireless interface work too.

scb

by scb

Butcher wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:45 pm
That is the only reason I have not stepped up to v3. The v2 is inside my stem and all the run inside the tubes of the bike [except where they exit to the derailleurs]. If the module is hidden, will the wireless interface work too.
Thanks Butcher.

I'm starting to consider DA Di2 for an ordered C64 disc with all internal routings for that reason alone. Don't want to do it, but I do want a totally pristine cockpit.

karmaz

by karmaz

scb wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:07 pm
Butcher wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:45 pm
Thanks Butcher.

I'm starting to consider DA Di2 for an ordered C64 disc with all internal routings for that reason alone. Don't want to do it, but I do want a totally pristine cockpit.
I think the only way to get it done is going to be some sort of cable hack or separation of status LED and charging port to position the interface in a more sensible location. Ideally hidden in the downtube and accessing through the cable cover.

Need some pretty big cohones/knowledge to attempt hacks of this magnitude. A bit jealous by the low cost/availability of Di2 as it seems to lead to a lot of interesting "innovation", see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143717#p1298045 for inspiration.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

I’ve seen it tucked in the end of the handlebars, with some fancy hand made carbon plug that made it easy to pull it out.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk