Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 Di2 Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattsurf

by mattsurf

Just collected my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 in size XS, it was a factory outlet bike so came with a pretty big discount

I also bough a set of Roval CLX 32 with Dura Ace Discs, which were roughly the same price as discount

I swapped over my Dura Ace cranks with Stages PM, from my old bike as well as my Fizik carbon tri saddle

As delivered the bike weighed 7.9kg (according to my scales), with upgrades it is down to 7.2kg

I am not sure if my scales are out, as the factory quoted weight is 7.8kg for a size M

I am pretty happy with the weight, however, was wondering what upgrade would get me down to sub 7.0 kg?

I am using Vittoria Corse G+ 25mm tyres with latex tubes, I know that they are not the lightest, and I could shave another 100g fitting the Mavic Yksion tyres that came with the Mavic wheels, or a set of Continental GP4000II that I have knocking around, but I love the feeling of the Vittoria's
Attachments
IMG_4464.jpg
IMG_4463.jpg
IMG_4462.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ti473

by ti473

Quick question, did the bike come with the Shimano quick connect hoses?

mattsurf

by mattsurf

ti473 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:27 pm
Quick question, did the bike come with the Shimano quick connect hoses?
I am not sure, how can I tell (This is my first Shimano disc road bike, so not an area that I am an expert in)

jlok

by jlok

ti473 wrote:Quick question, did the bike come with the Shimano quick connect hoses?
obviously yes from the photos.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Boshk

by Boshk

nice colour!

ti473

by ti473

jlok wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:37 am
ti473 wrote:Quick question, did the bike come with the Shimano quick connect hoses?
obviously yes from the photos.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk
yes... This is where I find an excuse for why I didn't see that, but I'm just gonna own up to it and say it... I am stupid...

Anyway, I am looking for a set (actually one) of those stupid little "cannot-buy-anywhere" hoses that most people (especially a true weight weenie) would probably throw away, for a weird hacker project. Seems like most Canyons come with them. If anyone has them let me know please.

mattsurf

by mattsurf

turlutu wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 am
you have the old heavy levers
Yes I realise that, and the old leavers add 150g, however, by choosing last year's bike, swapping over some lighter parts that I had and getting some light wheels, I have a bike that weighs 200g more that the top spec Canyon CF SLX 9.0 and saved about 1500 Euro

Because the wheels are rotating mass, and the Roval CLX 32 are 350g lighter than the DT SWISS PRC 1400 fitted to the current Canyon, I suspect that mine will ride and climb better

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com