‘17 Supersix EVO hi mod black/chrome paint defect

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rmr40

by rmr40

Noticed this on the back of the forks today. 6 months old.. believe it or not these images show freshly cleaned forks - all the discolouration in under the clear coat. It almost looks like rust!

I seem to remember someone on this forum had a similar issue?

The main frame with the same chrome strips is fine.

Contacted the retailer who are investigating with Cannondale. I’m guessing I’m going to have to go through the long process of sending the forks back for evaluation and not being able to ride for a while Image
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jebediahjohnson

by jebediahjohnson

Having this same issue with my frame. I never use any sort of cleaning solution on the frame. Really disappointed in the quality of the paint. It's literally getting worse by the day, even while sitting in my apartment. Will not buy another Cannondale after this issue.

rmr40

by rmr40

jebediahjohnson wrote:Having this same issue with my frame. I never use any sort of cleaning solution on the frame. Really disappointed in the quality of the paint. It's literally getting worse by the day, even while sitting in my apartment. Will not buy another Cannondale after this issue.
My frame is fine, only the fork was affected. Cannondale did provide a brand new fork however it does not include the chrome strips so it obviously something they can’t fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtsftw

by dtsftw

Having the same issue with my bike as well. First the fork, which they replaced, but now it is happening to my frame. 1 year later. I am debating whether to get a painter to paint over it or go back to Cannondale.

dtsftw

by dtsftw

Went back to the LBS to ask Cannondale what to do. Considered getting someone to paint over the defects but apparently that voids the warranty. Cannondale apparently offered a replacement frame but it is only the grey one with neon green in the back, a vastly inferior color to the cool black and chrome one we have. So I'm not sure what to do. Disappointed in Cannondale as I have been a loyal customer (this is my 4th Cannondale)...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com