Scott Addict Di2 only frame retrofit for mechanical?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Hi weenies,

Seems there's some good deals out there on Di2 Scott Addict framesets. There seems to be rumours here and there that's it's actually possible to run a mechincal groupset on these with the addition of a cable guide or something here and there. Anyone heard of this or tried it?

Thx!

ms6073

by ms6073

What model year? I am pretty sure that for 2015-2017 model years, the Addict and Solace models are both Di2 and mechanical compatible, but I think only the premium editions were supplied with both electronic and mech hardware.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

adilosnave

by adilosnave

I have a 2015 Foil that came with mechanical Ultegra but I quickly switched over to Di2. Had to drill a hole for the front-derailleur wire behind the BB and also drill out the exit-port for the rear derailleur cable. There is a cable stop inside the frame that is only large enough for the mechanical cable to pass through so had to be opened up. Obviously, was extremely careful in making these alterations but the point I'd like to make is that once you go electronic, you can't go back to mechanical.

Not sure how they would have made it work for both.

ms6073

by ms6073

On the 2015-2017 Addict/Solace framesets, there is a cable port that takes two different guides for either a mechanical or Di2, as well as two different inserts for the cable ports where the rear derailleur exits the end of the stay on the rear triangle, and the bottom bracket has routing for both mechanical underneath the bottom bracket, as well as a Di2 port hole on the backside of the seat tube:

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Yeah it’s the 2016 team edition, black and green like this
From their pics I can’t complete see the cable port on the left side of the headtube. The team always ran di2 but it’s just cheaper and lighter to run mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

A quick look on Ebay and I found this SCOTT ADDICT TEAM ISSUE 2016 FRAME SET and judging from the images, it is definitely mechanical compatible, but comparing to your image, it appears they are not the same frameset.
- Michael

arqlol

by arqlol

I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but does anyone in here have advice on where to find the electronic DI2 hardware?
I have a 2016 addict-mech frame- I'm wanting to convert to DI2 but don't have the proper cable stops. I'm also looking for a little advice on opening up the front and rear penetrations to fit the larger ends of the DI2 cable.

Much appreciated.
Thanks

joeeboh

by joeeboh

Hi OP did you eventually manage to retrofit your addict with a mechanical drivetrain?

I have exactly the same Scott orica 2016 in the mail and am wondering if this is possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

joeeboh wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:19 pm
Hi OP did you eventually manage to retrofit your addict with a mechanical drivetrain?

I have exactly the same Scott orica 2016 in the mail and am wondering if this is possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
You can drill holes, i guess what can be fiddly is routing cable through chainstay. If you just like to plug holes after, try Sugru.
https://sugru.com/?utm_source=Affiliate ... Je.KygBwvg
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com