CAAD12 black inc x power2max question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djel

by djel

I just bought a CAAD12 black inc frameset and I'm looking at my options for the crankset. The current plan is to use a Rotor 3D+ crank with the 30mm spindle, a power2max PM and a C-Bear bottom bracket.

I'm still not 100% sure if the Rotor crank fits the frame and if it's the right BB and before buying all the parts, I'd rather have a confirmation. (this is the crank)

BB fits BB30A and accept 30mm spindle: https://www.c-bear.com/en/products/cann ... hollowgram

I'm not sure if there are other alternatives for the BB but I'm looking for a BB with a housing to avoid the creaking. I'm not sure if Kogel has an equivalent...I could only find ones that accept 24mm spindle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

srshaw

by srshaw

Pretty sure this will fit. You will just have to work out which spacers you need. I'm planning on using my rotor 3df (also 30mm spindle) with my caad 12.

Not sure about the bottom bracket though. I would think just regular press in bb30 bearings will be the way to go.

djel

by djel

srshaw wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:07 pm
Pretty sure this will fit. You will just have to work out which spacers you need. I'm planning on using my rotor 3df (also 30mm spindle) with my caad 12.

Not sure about the bottom bracket though. I would think just regular press in bb30 bearings will be the way to go.
Thanks! C-Bear confirmed that it's the right BB to use Kogel confirmed they don't have a BB30A BB that accept 30mm spindle (nothing in development). I wanted to go with C-Bear to prevent any creaking. I had a CAAD10 2 years ago and the Cannondale BB was creaking badly...