Finally Caved and Ordered an Aeroad Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bordcla

by Bordcla

After weeks of research about tire size, fit, ride comfort and agonizing over getting an Ultimate Disc or an Aeroad Disc, I've finally taken a leap of faith and ordered a new Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2 in Cherry Pepper Red.

I figured that even though this is WW, 160g of additional frame weight would be more than made up by the extra aero speed of the frame set, even when climbing. Plus the design really was calling me more than the Ultimate's. Such a neatly designed bike, clean and agressive.

Looking forward to seeing if the bike is indeed as lively, fast and comfortable as most reviewers seem to agree that it is!

The bike's maiden voyage will be a week of riding in Arizona on April 1-8. Will be a long month and a half until then!

dcorn

by dcorn

Welcome to the club! What size did you get? Seems like a lot of sizes were out of stock last time I looked.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

Congrats! Hope it arrives soon!

Bordcla

by Bordcla

dcorn wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:08 pm
Welcome to the club! What size did you get? Seems like a lot of sizes were out of stock last time I looked.
Large. Happy that they weren't all gone. Black didn't look as sexy to me...

dcorn

by dcorn

Bordcla wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 pm
dcorn wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:08 pm
Large. Happy that they weren't all gone. Black didn't look as sexy to me...
The only thing I regret about getting red is that it clashes with other accent colors if you try to spice up the bike. Can't put funky colored handlebar tape or bolts on a red bike because the frame is already the accent piece. I was going to get yellow shoes, but didn't want to look like I was sponsored by McDonalds haha.

Bordcla

by Bordcla

Blue is my favorite color, but most of my cycling kit, other than my fluorescent yellow Gabba foul weather jersey, is black, white or with small red accents. So a red bike, in addition to being visible, sort of makes sense.

Cherry Pepper Red is also the only Aeroad or Ultimate available with a glossy clearcoat; all other colors are matte (harder to keep clean).

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Congrats! Hope you love it!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

ti473

by ti473

Congratulations! Let us know how the sizing is. How tall are you btw? I've been pondering a canyon for a while too and their website recommends a small for me. I'm 5'10" and I'm usually at least a medium and maybe even in between medium and large. It'd seem weird to order a small

calleking

by calleking

I'm 5'10 and went for a medium a few years ago. I'm sure both would fit me. I don't have particular long or short torso, legs or arms. The medium i can run without spacers and since my saddle position is pretty far forward the reach is good. I think a small would have worked but would probably have been too low without spacers.
2022 Wilier Filante SLR Dura-Ace/Ultegra Di2 12sp
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Retired:
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA 9150
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2
2016 CAAD12 - SRAM Red 22 - Hyper 50mm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bordcla

by Bordcla

Tale of the tape is I'm 6'2'', but I'm all neck. If you compare everything from shoulders down, I'd be no more than 6'.

To be more specific, my typical saddle height with 175 mm cranks is 79.5 cm, and reach you the bars from tip of my stubby Specialized Power saddle is about 60 cm.