Tarmac SL6 Campag EPS compatibility

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
liam7020

by liam7020

Anybody know if it's possible to use Campag EPS on the Tarmac SL6 frameset without modification. I'm pretty sure that the electronic ports on the previous Tarmac models were too narrow for the EPS connectors and was just wondering if this is still the case with the new SL6? Ta.
Belgian Flag S-Works Tarmac viewtopic.php?f=10&t=144553

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

by Weenie

KaiLingMan64

by KaiLingMan64

I don't know about the Tarmac.
I recently (January 2018) had a New Colnago C60 Disc built with Campagnolo EPS H11 Groupset.
The holes are definitely too small, but had the mechanic widen the ports with Sandpaper wrapped around an Allen Key.
I've read than ColnagoZ's explanation is that Campagnolo had increased the size of the EPS Connectors has been increased from 6.5mm to 7mm without informing them.
Thought that was BS as that change has happened several years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

liam7020

by liam7020

Yep that's complete BS from Colnago. The change did happen several years ago. I found a Dutch bike shop on Facebook who had built a new Tarmac SL6 with EPS and he reckoned he didn't need to modify the frame. Cheers

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I've just built up a new C60 with SR EPS and I had no problems getting the connectors through the ports - they're plenty big enough.

liam7020

by liam7020

Yeah but the C60 is already EPS compatible. Stand to be corrected on this but the older Tarmacs (SL5 and before) were only drilled to accept the smaller Di2 connectors hence the reason, for example, some of the Astana team were using mechanical Super Record a couple of seasons back. I built a Simplon Pavo 3 frameset with Record EPS sometime ago and although the frame was Di2 compatible it wouldn't accept the bigger EPS connectors. So I had to break out the round file though I wasn't happy about it to say the least!! I think Scott frames are the same but again I stand to be corrected. Hoping with the new SL6 frames Specialized have addressed the issue. Cheers, enjoy your C60.