2018 Canyon Endurnce CF SLX 8.0 vs Cannondale Synapse Hi mod

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

I have an option to buy Synapse Hi Mod Dura Ace in Acid Red for 4K brand new
or Canyon Endurance CF SLX 8.0 for the same price. Besides the Ultergra vs Dura Ace difference,
does any one would like to share any things I should consider before buying either one
of the two listed. Any input would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Bordcla

by Bordcla

Is that deal on the Synapse Hi Mod Dura-Ace something that could be available to others as well?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Unfortunately, its just available to me. Sorry:(

Sammutd88

by Sammutd88

Good for you, however I think what this highlights is how much we as consumers are down right ripped off. Get the Synapse. The Canyons will always be priced well, but the Cannondale is a brand new bike. The Canyon is still based around a frame from 2016/2017.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I liked the original Synapses - proper endurance geometry. But now they have moved to race-enduro geo, just like the Canyon Endurace has always been.

wingguy

by wingguy

Valbrona wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:57 pm
I liked the original Synapses - proper endurance geometry. But now they have moved to race-enduro geo, just like the Canyon Endurace has always been.
Depends which size you're looking at. The smaller Synapses have got a bit longer, the bigger ones have stayed almost exactly the same, in stack and reach anyway.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Thank you everyone. Im 174 cm with 32 inseam, Canyon has me at small, but most of my bikes have been 54 with around 376 reach.
My thinking is that maybe its time to get the larger HT with the 54. My stem can always get 1cm to compensate for that HT.

PS: I need to stop looking at the supersix evo dura ace, that thing is devil and I know its not good for me LOL

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Im leaning towards the Synapse by the way

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Any one can chime in on Shimano 9100 group thats on it, my last bike was Campy Chorus 11sp and I know those ergonomics work for me.

or would Sram eTap suite me better coming from Campy side?

Thank you again for all your input!

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

My dilemma, do I go with the Hi Mod/Dura Ace or take a small step back and get the eTap model.

dougc405

by dougc405

digitalnorbs wrote:My dilemma, do I go with the Hi Mod/Dura Ace or take a small step back and get the eTap model.
I have a Hi Mod etap on order, but it probably won't arrive until April. I've never had electronic shifting before, so I can't express an opinion on etap vs DI2. Other than that, I couldn't see enough to warrant the price difference.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Having a really tough time deciding between the Hi Mod Dura ace mechanical with nicer wheels,
or the eTap version with the cheap wheels. Needs some guidance guys and girls. Help!!!!

Whats a better value between them both?

Thanks

Jian81

by Jian81

digitalnorbs wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:24 am
Having a really tough time deciding between the Hi Mod Dura ace mechanical with nicer wheels,
or the eTap version with the cheap wheels. Needs some guidance guys and girls. Help!!!!

Whats a better value between them both?

Thanks
What specific wheels are those? Is it an upgrade to carbon wheels or some sort?If it is an upgrade to carbon wheels, IMHO, you will notice a bigger difference with those than the groupset especially when its already Dura Ace. Dura Ace mechanical will do the shifting just fine. No one needs electronic, people want electronic. Vibration damping from carbon wheels and the weight savings are superior.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Thank you Jian81.

The Hi Mod Dura Ace will have the hollowgram si disc wheels which for sure will make the bike alot more fun:)

I know that if I get the eTap, the wheels set would have to be replaced pretty much right away or it will bother me.

ns

ps: not to mention that the dura ace paint job is right on the money

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

digitalnorbs wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:02 pm
Thank you Jian81.

The Hi Mod Dura Ace will have the hollowgram si disc wheels which for sure will make the bike alot more fun:)

I know that if I get the eTap, the wheels set would have to be replaced pretty much right away or it will bother me.

ns

ps: not to mention that the dura ace paint job is right on the money
Which one did you end up getting and how are you liking it? Going through similar thoughts on my endurance road bike selection...
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8