Sidi Shot or Wire?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wilwil

by wilwil

Anybody tried both? Which do you prefer?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

I have both (as well as the previous Ergo 2) and prefer the Shot by a long shot :) I always felt that the wire were a bit tight on the top.

corky

by corky

Have both prefer wire, shot has too much ventilation in the toe for my UK taste....

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

corky wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm
Have both prefer wire, shot has too much ventilation in the toe for my UK taste....
The Shot has lower 'slide' covers that can be moved to adjust the ventilation (modestly). I wear 2017 Shot, and love them.

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Here is another vote for the wire. did not like the shot and sold them
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Shots are very nice. On my feet, the perfect balance of comfort and stiffness. And you can save .000834 watts over the Wires.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

I have both. Not much of a difference IMO.

corky

by corky

JackRussellRacing wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:46 pm
corky wrote:
The Shot has lower 'slide' covers that can be moved to adjust the ventilation (modestly). I wear 2017 Shot, and love them.
On the uppers?

beeatnik

by beeatnik

On the sole. I have the cover closed at the moment:

BikeKingV1r

by BikeKingV1r

having both;

Wire - the leather is thicker than the shot, more durable in a crash and a lot tighter feeling fit. I run pretty warm and have never had an issue with heat with these but I guess they can feel warmer to some. But the fit on this shoe is amazing, super tight but super comfortable fit. If you like hour shoes tight fitting/feeling this is the way to go.

Shot - new tech pro material so the upper feels like it has been broken in for years out fo the box. Not even a comparison side by side especially on cold mornings. Toe box to me feels a bit wider for some reason, like a little taller maybe not wider. The upper retiontion is up for debate. My foot is lower volume and wide but low arch so it feels amazing. My wife tired them on with a super high arch and did not care for the new upper and just got a new color wire lol. So that’s going to be the biggest factor, if you have a high arch I would for sure try the Shot on before you buy to see if that works for you. The upper also makes it hard to put on if you have a super high arch. My wife’s arch is higher than whatever high arch insole specialized has and had a custom one made, so it’s super high but something to think about.
Last edited by BikeKingV1r on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

i have both shot all the way the new top spreads the wire tension over a bigger area and is way more comfortable

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

JackRussellRacing wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:46 pm
corky wrote:
For clarity's sake, the Wire "push vent carbon" also has these sliding and locking vents in the sole. I'm the opposite of SugarKane. I feel for my foot the Soft instep closure strap on the wire puts less pressure on the top of the foot as opposed to the tecno dial sitting on the top of the foot like the shot. Wire looks way more classy in my opinion as well. Don't like those tribal tendril things on the shot. Shoes are so personal, these kind of threads are kind of useless.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Comfort: Ergo>Wire>Shot

I found Shot on-top retention to be uncomfortable, and I did not get the Sidi 'old pair of slippers feeling', which if anything is best in the Ergos.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I have Ergo2, Wires and Shots. Shots win hands down for me, but it's evolutionary not revolutionary and I'm keeping the other shoes. As BikeKingV1r noted the Shots feel broken in right out of the box, whereas the Wires take longer.

DJT21

by DJT21

The upper material on the wires was stiffer than on previous sidis like the Ergo 3/2/Eagle. Not uncomfortable, but less of a slipper like feeling. It also went yellow after a while.

If the material on the Shot is like the older upper material (it looks to be) then I would go for those.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com