BBright

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stueys

by Stueys

Just noticed that the 2018 Cervelo’s aren’t running Rotor cranks, they moved away from bbright?

wingguy

by wingguy

Stueys wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:01 pm
Just noticed that the 2018 Cervelo’s aren’t running Rotor cranks, they moved away from bbright?
Nope, all frames BBRight still, including the newest ones. On the Shimano spec bikes they're using Praxis style screw together convertors from BBB to fit the 24mm spindles.

I'm pretty sure it's a cost thing. A lot of their RRPs have gone down quite a bit for this year, and I'm sure Shimano Ultegra is a lot cheaper to buy at manufacturer rates than Rotor 3D+ or the SL-K they were using on various models before.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stueys

by Stueys

wingguy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm
Stueys wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:01 pm
Nope, all frames BBRight still, including the newest ones. On the Shimano spec bikes they're using Praxis style screw together convertors from BBB to fit the 24mm spindles.

I'm pretty sure it's a cost thing. A lot of their RRPs have gone down quite a bit for this year, and I'm sure Shimano Ultegra is a lot cheaper to buy at manufacturer rates than Rotor 3D+ or the SL-K they were using on various models before.
Ahh, that makes more sense, thank you