Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ride1970

by ride1970

My silver should be built up early next week. Can’t wait.

billspreston

by billspreston

Digger90 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:34 pm
... and at £3,500 for the frameset plus seat post Sigma are selling supposedly 'discounted' C60's at exactly the same price Maestro have been selling them at for the past couple of years. :shock:

I doubt they'll be selling out of those anytime soon.
Thanks for the heads up on Maestro. I admit I'm not very familiar with Colnago, so it was interesting to read up on the Maestro story :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MiddMan

by MiddMan

I’m holding out for a PR99 in trad geometry :)

Although I am fond of trad geo, I have to say that all-in-all I think the C64 looks nice. Would love to see a minor update sans swimming pool, and I’d prefer some more colours: PR99 and/or more Art Deco options. Something understated but with pop too.

I also prefer mechanical and rim brakes, so I suppose I’m an outlier there too.

TK421

by TK421

I had a look at the colour options of the c64 frame and this time around the Art Deco paint schemes are the ones to go for. Out of the two, the matte blue is the best choice hands down. With Campag wheels and groupset it looks ace!

mag

by mag

Has anyone seen the white Art Decor in person? Is it glossy or matte paint? Yes, the blue one is matte and on the photos the white one looks like it might be matte too. Is that correct? (even though these 2 Art Decor schemes are nice, maintaning a matte bright color paint nice & clean is much more challenging so I'd rather avoid that)

euan

by euan

Not wanting to derail Calnago's thread but
michel2 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:15 am
back on the topic of the c64, i saw one in the shop last Monday. let me start by saying to this day i still own a colnago extreme power in Saronni red, i love it, i do love a c40 in general i like what colnago does, perhaps even love it. but the paint masking on the bike in the shop was so so so bad !! i have taken photos of the bike i might upload them ( wish i could just drop the directly here oppose to mucking around with 3party sites) it looked like the masking for the lugs was a couple of mm/degree of as such ( white lugs raw tubes) it looked like the lugs where painted on but then on an uneven surface...and at 6500$ a frame i say *f##k* hand made charm, for that money i want perfection, or at least someone paying attention when there masking frames !!

Doing it right takes the same effort as doing it wrong, it's even easier that they have masked off the tube to paint the lug.

Boshk

by Boshk

That's actually pretty slack then with the paint job. I think the C64s in Hong Kong are selling for over $5700.

Here's a nice photo

scb

by scb

Apologize if this has already been posted, but didn’t want to search 41 pages—does anybody know when the disc brake version will ship to US?

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

Colnago-America rep just replied to me and said the Disc is going to be available in Canada at the same time as the C64.

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Anyone know why the Art Deco in blue seems to have changes in the colour layout from one frame to another? Some have a dark blue seat post and upper seat tube area, while others show a much lighter blue in the same area. I wonder if it varies between sizes or something else?

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

TurboTommy wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:42 pm
Anyone know why the Art Deco in blue seems to have changes in the colour layout from one frame to another? Some have a dark blue seat post and upper seat tube area, while others show a much lighter blue in the same area. I wonder if it varies between sizes or something else?
There is also some variation in the white art decor, some frames have more gold paint around the head tube than others, I think. Perhaps they have not settled yet or some of the photos are of pre-production bikes.

I wonder whether the white art decor is gloss paint all over the frame or matte like the blue one.

corky

by corky

There has always been variations albeit small, in the paint.....eg. My Exterem Power doesn’t have the the Colnago ace of clubs, Crois de something on the rear monostay and the white paint on the top tube does not follow the same line as others.

It’s all part of the handmade charm......

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

r4nd0mv4r14bl3 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 pm
TurboTommy wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:42 pm
There is also some variation in the white art decor, some frames have more gold paint around the head tube than others, I think. Perhaps they have not settled yet or some of the photos are of pre-production bikes.

I wonder whether the white art decor is gloss paint all over the frame or matte like the blue one.
You could be right there r4ndom. The pictures on various bike shop websites show the darker stem, but all the post release pictures of the bike show the lighter stem. Personal preference of course and without seeing them in the flesh, but I prefer the darker version.

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

In this video, at 1:35, the seat tube area is completely white, if I see it correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNmsTW92rsk

Now a more practical question: which of these available color schemes goes equally well with current bright and dark Boras :D (UAE colors excluded)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Some distributors also paint the frames through their own painters so things can look significantly different with logos in different places or omitted completely.