Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

guyc

by guyc

I'm off to get fitted/sized on Monday next week with a view to ordering that day. PKWH, rim brake.

I'll be taking what I can off my Canyon and fitting it. I'm not wealthy enough to throw a brand-new groupset etc at it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scb

by scb

Devastazione wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:14 am
CanadianBiker wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:14 pm
I am trying to get confirmation, supposedly Colnago is releasing 2 versions of their Disc frame. The first won't have the internal cable routings and be available in May the other will be available in August/September but will have internal cable routing. Do we know if this is correct?

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 4.56.11 PM.jpgIMG_0989.jpg

These are the pictures the store is sending me, does anyone have more details on this?
I have the scoop from you and it comes straight from Colnago's main engineer, Davide Fumagalli. That one in the picture is actually his bike.

The early realease of the disc brake version will have external routings "C60 style" and it will be released by march/april. The lates version with ALL internal routings will be out by june. Of course I'm talking about my market wich is Italy. Be careful, you can't buy the early release and then just buy the IRC stem as the fork for the "official" disc version will be different,I'm sure you've already heard about this.

Good luck with your choice,I'm on the way to the shop now to pick up my Fulcrums for my PKRD :thumbup:
Interesting that he used Di2 on his C64 with all internal routings. Trying to determine if there is now any viable hack to the EPS control module so it can be hidden. No one could come up with this on my C60 with EPS. The biggest issue is the tiny charging port and seeing the lights when determining batter life and zeroing. Might be worthwhile establing a separate post.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

Devastazione wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:14 am
CanadianBiker wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:14 pm
I am trying to get confirmation, supposedly Colnago is releasing 2 versions of their Disc frame. The first won't have the internal cable routings and be available in May the other will be available in August/September but will have internal cable routing. Do we know if this is correct?

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 4.56.11 PM.jpgIMG_0989.jpg

These are the pictures the store is sending me, does anyone have more details on this?
I have the scoop from you and it comes straight from Colnago's main engineer, Davide Fumagalli. That one in the picture is actually his bike.

The early realease of the disc brake version will have external routings "C60 style" and it will be released by march/april. The lates version with ALL internal routings will be out by june. Of course I'm talking about my market wich is Italy. Be careful, you can't buy the early release and then just buy the IRC stem as the fork for the "official" disc version will be different,I'm sure you've already heard about this.

Good luck with your choice,I'm on the way to the shop now to pick up my Fulcrums for my PKRD :thumbup:
Isn't it odd that they are releasing 2 versions of the Disc frame, won't customers who order for April and May be dissapointed when the new frame comes out? Will there be a price difference between both frames? As a huge Colnago fan, I do believe this is a miss on their part, they are better off delaying the disc until the frame is ready.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Funny. The more I look at the new C64, the more I actually prefer the C60 :-)

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Yeah, the more I see it the more funky it looks. From the first time i saw the 60 I wanted one, had a picture pinned to my board until I could justify buying another bike. This one I’m happy to let pass me by, and there aren’t many Colnagos I wouldn’t want

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Lafolie wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:24 pm
Funny. The more I look at the new C64, the more I actually prefer the C60 :-)
Man..not funny at all,I'm telling you. I've waited until february the 8th at 7 pm to see the first pics of the C64 and went straight to my lbs to order a C60 before Colnago ran out of it. Of course my size was sold out. The first thing I've thought about the C64 was " that's just a glued V2.." Eventually the bike grew on me and I've ordered a C64,but if my lbs would call me today to tell me " ehi a C60 of your size popped out " probably I would still get the C64 but I would a solid 3 days ( and nights ) to think about it.
I'm not entirely convinced the C64 will become an instant classic like the C60 or C59. I mean,loo at the C59,even today is still a freaking good looking bike and those who own one says it's a keeper.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

vive la difference ! :-) I just prefer the c60. Looks more pure to me.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Good thing is that the parts on your Canyon are still dencent. :)

guyc wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:26 am
I'm off to get fitted/sized on Monday next week with a view to ordering that day. PKWH, rim brake.

I'll be taking what I can off my Canyon and fitting it. I'm not wealthy enough to throw a brand-new groupset etc at it.
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

guyc

by guyc

alexneumuller wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:45 am

guyc wrote:

Well I have since managed to raise a few more pounds and am now going with full Dura-Ace 9150 Di2. I thought I'd probably regret it long-term if I didn't!

Boshk

by Boshk

guyc wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:14 am
alexneumuller wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:45 am

guyc wrote:

Well I have since managed to raise a few more pounds and am now going with full Dura-Ace 9150 Di2. I thought I'd probably regret it long-term if I didn't!
congrats! building it yourself? post a photo when you are done :mrgreen:

guyc

by guyc

Thanks. And no. Not this one. I want it done properly and that means me not doing it!!

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

So the Colnago MAPEI C64 is available!!!!! But Colnago needs at least 10 orders to do it. Please see my link here. Andrea Bellati of www.bellatisport.com has my order, but he needs 9 more. Hopefully there are 9 of you who also want this. I have posted actual pics of what you would get here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=150580

nestornnk

by nestornnk

Sorry Mike but this is not going to happen at least for now.
Colnago made only 1 frame in 50s as a gift for the boss of Mapei and there are no imminent plans to introduce Mapei color in the catalogue.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I don't think Andrea Bellati would tell me something that is not true. He spoke directly to Colnago and that is what they told him. So they are willing to do this if he can do 10 orders.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Did he actually say that Colnago was 100% going to introduce it as an available color in 2019, or were they just "thinking about it". And/Or did he just limit things to saying that with a minimum order of 10 bikes they would consider doing that as a one time run? But regardless of what some dealer says (no disrespect to Bellati as I don't even know him), I wouldn't take anything as fact until it shows up or is announced by the manufacturer themselves.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com