Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

nestornnk wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 pm
I saw the black gold at the colnago factory but unfortunately was already sold. So i got this.Unfortunately in 50s, not my size
Looks stunning. Are these one-time special orders or do you think they are experimenting with different paint schemes for the future?

nestornnk

by nestornnk

r4nd0mv4r14bl3 wrote:
nestornnk wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 pm
I saw the black gold at the colnago factory but unfortunately was already sold. So i got this.Unfortunately in 50s, not my size
Looks stunning. Are these one-time special orders or do you think they are experimenting with different paint schemes for the future?

Hi. These are test paint schemes.
Usually they make all tests on 52s frames not sure why they made these 2 in 50s.
Custom paint jobs will not be available for the C64 this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ride1970

by ride1970

glepore wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:41 pm
ride1970 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 am
48s frameset
Lightweight mellenstein wheels
Cont comp tyres 23mm
Lightweight skewers
Lightweight (Selle) saddle
Syncros aero integrated bar/stem
Lightweight bar tape
SRAM etap chainset
Ultegra direct mount brakes ( for colour match till sram available))
Lightweight bottle cages
Speedpkay titanium pedals
Beautiful bike. But how do the dm Ultegra's play with the SRAM levers? I've never really liked the feel of SRAM levers with Shimano brakes...
Was only temporary with the ultegra, they worked fine. I now have EE brakes

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

Thanks for the clarification Nestornnk. So the white-gold BFWH remains the only gloss paint scheme for now. Actually, haven't seen many real life photos of that white-gold around. Really like the white pearl shade of the color, just thinking gold would be a bit too flashy in the flesh.

Btw, Emirates team paint seems to be available now among others on the website:

http://www.colnago.com/wp-content/uploa ... 0x1085.jpg

Delorre

by Delorre

r4nd0mv4r14bl3 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm
Thanks for the clarification Nestornnk. So the white-gold BFWH remains the only gloss paint scheme for now. Actually, haven't seen many real life photos of that white-gold around. Really like the white pearl shade of the color, just thinking gold would be a bit too flashy in the flesh.

Awch, that hurts my eyes :shock: Too much is too much :?

nestornnk

by nestornnk

r4nd0mv4r14bl3 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm

`Yes you are correct,team edition is available.I am waiting a few team edition frames to be ready any day now.Personally i am not a huge fan of matt frames but this looks nice.
The white gold art decor looks great in reality,actually it is my preffered color from all of them

scb

by scb

For any one interested in the disc model with internal routings, I heard yesterday that the Colgnago is having some issues with the viability of the stem manufacturer and is seeking alternative manufacturers. That appears to be the reason why where is no pricing on the stem yet. Hope that this doesn't impact my June delivery.

Tonyboj

by Tonyboj

scb wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:09 pm
For any one interested in the disc model with internal routings, I heard yesterday that the Colgnago is having some issues with the viability of the stem manufacturer and is seeking alternative manufacturers. That appears to be the reason why where is no pricing on the stem yet. Hope that this doesn't impact my June delivery.
Our ETA for disc-frames with internal routing is end of year but maybe they prioritize the bigger shops first. And as some of you mentioned, custom color options will not be available this year on the C64.

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

Also told end of year for integrated disc frames.

There is never a firm date with Colnago though, only vague suggestions! :lol:

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Frustrating for the customer....

scb

by scb

SuperDomestique wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:35 pm

yup that's colnago or most other Italian brands for that matter. What country are you in? In US my LBS has been told several times that disc with internal routings would ship in June. In any event LBS owner will be at Colnago factory in a couple of weeks; so maybe he can get a better update then.

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

scb wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:42 pm
SuperDomestique wrote:

yup that's colnago or most other Italian brands for that matter. What country are you in? In US my LBS has been told several times that disc with internal routings would ship in June. In any event LBS owner will be at Colnago factory in a couple of weeks; so maybe he can get a better update then.

London, UK

I'm not sure countries will get stock any quicker than others. Certainly we could have had a C64 built ready on launch day. My vague info is end of year, maybe September on the basis that I have customers wanting to get orders in. I think at this stage they don't have a fork ready.

I'll pass on info as I get it. Our contact is very good.

scb

by scb

SuperDomestique wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm
scb wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:42 pm
SuperDomestique wrote:

London, UK

I'm not sure countries will get stock any quicker than others. Certainly we could have had a C64 built ready on launch day. My vague info is end of year, maybe September on the basis that I have customers wanting to get orders in. I think at this stage they don't have a fork ready.

I'll pass on info as I get it. Our contact is very good.
thanks. Guess I won't rush to get my wheel set built or order DA Di2, which seems to be back ordered here.

MRM

by MRM

After deciding and placing an order on a bike or car, having to wait months to a year is really the worst (first world problems inc). :D

Really wish new models would only be unveiled once production has already ramped up.

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

Non integrated disc frames are a month away I think.

Agree though it's annoying to have something dangled at you and then it's not available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MRM

by MRM

With cars it's even worse. Sometimes the concept unveiling is a couple of years before, so by the time the car finally arrives it doesn't even feel like a new model anymore.