Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

I was fascinated to learn they can only build around 12 c-64's a day. The operation is very close to that of a custom builder, but maybe with a few more resources available.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

mag

by mag

That doesn't differ from C60 that much - as per http://granfondo-cycling.com/industry-v ... ago-bikes/ the C60 production rate was about 15-20 frames per day.
Given that the C64 is a new one so that they aren't that effective yet it isn't very surprising.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

A few shops in China have already (legit :twisted: ) stock in different sizes.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, the frames are ready to purchase. I thought the announcement on Friday, was going to be just that... basically an announcement with no bikes actually available for sale until who knows when. They really did a good job of keeping this one under wraps as far as actual frame availability goes.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

mag wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm
That doesn't differ from C60 that much - as per http://granfondo-cycling.com/industry-v ... ago-bikes/ the C60 production rate was about 15-20 frames per day.
Given that the C64 is a new one so that they aren't that effective yet it isn't very surprising.
either less effective or targeting a lower sales rate. impossible to know here.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Boshk

by Boshk

Calnago wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:44 pm
Yes, the frames are ready to purchase. I thought the announcement on Friday, was going to be just that... basically an announcement with no bikes actually available for sale until who knows when. They really did a good job of keeping this one under wraps as far as actual frame availability goes.
I firmly believe since you are pretty active on this C64 topic, you should aquire a nice C64, add another build thread to your list and since you haven't quite done one yet, do a photo AND Video build thread on a C64 hahaha

I'm sure the guys here would agree. :up:

AJS914

by AJS914

The MSRP of $6,000 limits sales. If frames are ready, they probably have already made a certain number in each color/size to fill out the distribution channel.

wilwil

by wilwil

Seem to be quite a few C60s at one UK online bike store. Reduced prices

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Sold my C60 frame just a few days ago, and the release of the C64 has hit resale prices.

But already have myself down for a C64 with deposit paid, so it be all ready to be used for current summer. Much better than a lot of brands where new launch bikes are only available towards end of summer in Europe.

wilwil wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:31 am
Seem to be quite a few C60s at one UK online bike store. Reduced prices
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

dgasmd

by dgasmd

wilwil wrote:Seem to be quite a few C60s at one UK online bike store. Reduced prices

Which??

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i think i will order one too. the c64 just looks great and i do like all the upgrades. the water bottle mount is also good in my opinion, similar to what de rosa does with its frames. the clean looking seatpost area is also a plus.

billspreston

by billspreston

Sigma Sports has/had a bunch of C60 options on sale. Have to say the C64 is pretty appealing.

kode54

by kode54

leungti1 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 am
Plastic inserts: I have a feeling these plastic things as cable guides may not last. The bigger problem is they don't fit snug enough. The downtube port leaves a gap which water will surely find a way in.
i had a loose cable guide in my Parlee Altum...so I put on Sugru around the cable insert and put it in and used a rubber band to hold it while it cured.
came out nice and tight with no leaks. great stuff.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

mag

by mag

Re Sugru - actually I was thinking along the lines of using such kind of material to fill the bottom of the "pool" under the DT bottle cage so that water & stuff don't get stuck there that much.

Digger90

by Digger90

billspreston wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:55 pm
Sigma Sports has/had a bunch of C60 options on sale. Have to say the C64 is pretty appealing.
... and at £3,500 for the frameset plus seat post Sigma are selling supposedly 'discounted' C60's at exactly the same price Maestro have been selling them at for the past couple of years. :shock:

I doubt they'll be selling out of those anytime soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com