Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Devastazione

by Devastazione

I'll chime in,looks like I'm not the only one with the " 183 cm " issue.

I'm 183 with a 85.9 inseam . At first my LBS suggested me a 52S C60,but after he spoke with my bike fit guy he agreed on getting me a 54s. Unfortunately the C60 in 54S was sold out so I had to settle for the new C64. A further confirmation about the 54s being my ideal frame came from a guy that stopped by at the shop with a 54s V2. He's 185 tall, his saddle was 2mm more that my needed height of 76.9 and he had a 120 mm stem with zero spacers,while I'll need the 110 one. It may be the Colnago's special feeling but I felt perfect on the bike,even with those different numbers. 54s it is for me.
Last edited by Devastazione on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

AJS914 wrote:Why is your saddle setback changing? You can't compare three frames with the seat changing. Maybe you need to work with a fitter so you can figure out your ultimate fit on your current bike before you spend big $$$ on a new C64?
Sorry, forgot to write that my current seatpost is almost straight (2mm setback) and for C6* frames I was drawing with 15mm setback seatpost that comes as standard.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

Devastazione wrote:I'll chime in,looks like I'm not the only one with the " 183 cm " issue.

I'm 183 with a 85.9 inseam . At first my LBS suggested me a 52S C60,but after he spoke with my bike fit guy he agreed on getting me a 54s. Unfortunately the C60 in 54S was sold out so I had to settle for the new C64. A further confirmation about the 54s being my ideal frame came from a guy that stopped by at the shop with a 54s V2. He's 185 tall, his saddle was 2mm more that my needed height of 76.9 and he had a 120 mm stem with zero spacers,while I'll need the 110 one. It may be the Colnago's sepecial feeling but I felt perfect on the bike,even with those differente numbers. 54s it is for me.
Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

guyc

by guyc

Saw one in the flesh today. Blue Art Decor.

Absolutely stunning. Just looks ‘right’.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Im so glad I passed on the C60 and picked up the Oltre XR4 instead. Now I can pick up a C64 this summer :D
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Boshk

by Boshk

Noctiluxx wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 pm
Im so glad I passed on the C60 and picked up the Oltre XR4 instead. Now I can pick up a C64 this summer :D
...it would have been a brilliant time to pickup a new C60 when C64 was announced, at least in Hong Kong.
One retailer was selling C60+R8000 Ultegra+Racing Zero wheels for US$3700.............naturally they all went within the first couple of days
Another retailer is selling their remaining frames for US$3000

New C64 frame is US$5200

Velovecycles
in the industry

by Velovecycles

fromtrektocolnago wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:35 am
younger less experienced riders will love the weight savings and the aero qualities. riders who have been around longer and have witnesses or experienced what can go wrong will be less thrilled in my opinion. i'm sure the reviews will be that it rides and feels great, but so does my c59 and i'm sure other variants or versions of the c-line.

the only thing that gives me pause or questions my opinion is that parlee has been building custom carbon for some time and i believe they've gone all carbon and i don't hear any quality control issues on their z-0 frame, so i'm thinking it may be possible.
Correct - the Z Zero is all carbon (the only metal on a rim brake version is: derailleur hanger, bidon cage hardware and Ti insert on rear brake bridge. Everything else is carbon).

Correct again - no QC issues with the Z Zero (in either rim or disc). Additionally, no QC issues with the Z Zero XD and, for that matter, any of the other bikes in the Z line (nor any current QC concerns with the production bike range either).
Bikes:
Parlee Z1 - Custom Geo, Custom Paint, Super Rec.
Parlee Z Zero - Custom Geo, Wax Finish, Enve 3.4's CK Hubs, Record.
Parlee Z Zero - Custom Paint & DA Di2, Custom White Ind Wheels.
No.22 Great Divide - Custom Geo, Super Rec & eeBrakes.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

I am trying to get confirmation, supposedly Colnago is releasing 2 versions of their Disc frame. The first won't have the internal cable routings and be available in May the other will be available in August/September but will have internal cable routing. Do we know if this is correct?
Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 4.56.11 PM.jpg
IMG_0989.jpg
These are the pictures the store is sending me, does anyone have more details on this?

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Sorry if this is obvious or been covered... but with regards ee direct mount brakes. The standard rear is “best suited for under the bottom bracket”. What does this mean in real terms? Not best suited for the c64?

scb

by scb

Canadianbiker, I’ve ordered the disc with proprietary stem and internal routing and it’s supposed to arrive in June here in US.

Trying to decide between H11 160 or 140 rotors for rear. Currently weigh 180 lbs so can go either way. Leaning toward 160. Will ride this bike in US and EU mtns. Anybody have any feedback. Thx

sennder

by sennder

TurboTommy wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 pm
Sorry if this is obvious or been covered... but with regards ee direct mount brakes. The standard rear is “best suited for under the bottom bracket”. What does this mean in real terms? Not best suited for the c64?
For the seat stay mounted brakes as in the C64, you're supposed to use the "front" eeBrake. It's not much unlike the Shimano direct mount brakes, wherein the "front" model is used for both the front brake and the seat stay rear brake, while a specific rear model is mounted under the bottom bracket (along with an inline quick release).

--Sennder

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

scb wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:48 am

Trying to decide between H11 160 or 140 rotors for rear. Currently weigh 180 lbs so can go either way. Leaning toward 160. Will ride this bike in US and EU mtns. Anybody have any feedback. Thx
For the rear brakes 140 mm is plenty. And this advice coming from someone who wouldn't get on a disc bike unless is had at least 160mm rotors on the front. At best the rear may account for 30% of your braking, and in an emergency stop it will account for zero percent.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

scb

by scb

Thanks for the feedback.

Next issue is how to hack the SR EPS control module so that it’s hidden along with the cables. Don’t want to mess with that clean cockpit in the photo above and don’t want to put anything other than campy on a C64

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

sennder wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 am
TurboTommy wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 pm
For the seat stay mounted brakes as in the C64, you're supposed to use the "front" eeBrake. It's not much unlike the Shimano direct mount brakes, wherein the "front" model is used for both the front brake and the seat stay rear brake, while a specific rear model is mounted under the bottom bracket (along with an inline quick release).

--Sennder
Thanks Sennder. Shame, I like the design of the rear brake.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devastazione

by Devastazione

CanadianBiker wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:14 pm
I am trying to get confirmation, supposedly Colnago is releasing 2 versions of their Disc frame. The first won't have the internal cable routings and be available in May the other will be available in August/September but will have internal cable routing. Do we know if this is correct?

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 4.56.11 PM.jpgIMG_0989.jpg

These are the pictures the store is sending me, does anyone have more details on this?
I have the scoop from you and it comes straight from Colnago's main engineer, Davide Fumagalli. That one in the picture is actually his bike.

The early realease of the disc brake version will have external routings "C60 style" and it will be released by march/april. The lates version with ALL internal routings will be out by june. Of course I'm talking about my market wich is Italy. Be careful, you can't buy the early release and then just buy the IRC stem as the fork for the "official" disc version will be different,I'm sure you've already heard about this.

Good luck with your choice,I'm on the way to the shop now to pick up my Fulcrums for my PKRD :thumbup: