Integrated cocpit for C60? Ideas?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dukezpol

by dukezpol

Hello,

Advise needed - short (<80mm), shallow (<130mm), stiff (90kg rider)
Stem lenght 80/90, c/c width on the hoods 42cm - that is quite serious barrier...

Any Ideas?
"Enviroment" - C60 52s PLBK, Campa SR EPS V3, Campa Bora Ultra 2 50mm

Now i ride on Canyon (ritchey stem) and Deda Presa Carbon. It is stiff enough.
With new built I would either like to try clean, integrated solution but it definitelly must go inline with C60 classy style..

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Why integrated? Such a beautifull frame with lugs 'needs' a stem/handlebar combo imho.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

I would just get a matching deda or WR Compositi bar and stem.

If you must go integrated, I would recommend the Ursus. That said, I still think it will be too modern looking for a lugged frame.

dukezpol

by dukezpol

Ursus is very nice, but does not meet expectations 80-90/420...
How about Pina Most Talon 1k?

Not to many options in this size known to me.. Ritchey, Pro, Giant, Bontrager and few more...
I am not forced to integrated - just wanna try something new...
Last edited by dukezpol on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joe1234

by joe1234

FSA PLasma or Deda Elementi Alanera and Cinelli RAM2 or RAM3...

The big problem is the size...Impossible to have 90mm-420mm (C-C). It's more likely a 100mm-420mm combo...

themidge

by themidge

If you have an 80/90mm stem then you've either got a poorly fitting bike (in which case an integrated bar/stem shouldn't be your top priority), or you're quite small and so benefit from a slightly shorter stem (like me). If the latter is the case then maybe you'd be better off on narrower bars (stock ones are often too wide). Switching to 40cm width would open up a whole load of options.

Edit- just read your op and 90kg maybe pits you in the first scenario so maybe look at your frame size? Post pics for a free internet bike fit :P

dukezpol

by dukezpol

I am 180 but i have very short hands. 50s was more corect lenght but to short head tube.
Already 52s is decided and is my cellar

Sorry, after 30 years of cycling I do not need bike fitting. Even if this is not 100% correct, to late for changes!:)
Question was about nice integrated bar/stem combo fitting C60, not for correct bike/body fit!:)

Now my Presa is 44 cm c/c. I can go down to 42cm, not more

TonyM

by TonyM

What do you want to achieve with the integrated cockpit compared to a classic cockpit?
Aesthetics, stiffness, aerodynamics, weight ?

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Daniel1975 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:48 am
Why integrated? Such a beautifull frame with lugs 'needs' a stem/handlebar combo imho.
colnago c60 is not an aero or weight weenie bike. it doesn't make sense.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

dukezpol

by dukezpol

TonyM wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:33 am
What do you want to achieve with the integrated cockpit compared to a classic cockpit?
Aesthetics, stiffness, aerodynamics, weight ?
1) Aesthetics
2) stiffness
3) micro vibration absorbtion on bad surfaces (carbon stem)

Ok, if not ANY integrated filling criteria, what would be youR pick for CARBON stem + handlebar under same brand?
I do not like WR Compositi (to massive & ugly), Deda is continously missing carbon stem...

TonyM

by TonyM

In terms of aesthetics everyone will tell you not to have a integrated cockpit.

Micro vibration: my carbon handlebar (Deda Superleggera) and bar tape (Deda cork) get rid of most of these on my C60. I have like you often the Bora 50 Ultra on it (and Veloflex 23/25). However my stem is longer than yours with 110mm. You will also notice a huge difference depending on the location of your hands on the handlebar (center; hoods; drops).

I personally like the Deda superlegera/ superlegerro handlebar/ stem.

BTW why do you need a carbon stem? Saving a few grams or for aesthetics purposes?

dukezpol

by dukezpol

Carbon stem helps also in vibration dampening ( I feel it even on MTB - Enve cocpit) and its weight/stiffness ratio is much higher than ALu.

It is cost non object built - I have no reason to stay with Alu stem...

TonyM

by TonyM

I don’t have any problems on bad roads with my C60 and its Deda superleggera/ superleggero combo. Bora 50 Ultra and Veloflex 23mm/25mm with 95 psi. I have however a 110mm stem on my 48S and I weigh much less than you.

Let’s see what the other recommend you for a carbon stem.

dukezpol

by dukezpol

Maybe 3T LTD Stealth with Ergonova? How about stiffness?
I would like something more exotic & less common either...

We have a lot of extremely bad quality roads in Poland- I know what I am syaing...:)
And yes, I ride 25mm tubular tires and used to have well padded bar tape :)

c60rider

by c60rider

TonyM wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:34 am
I don’t have any problems on bad roads with my C60 and its Deda superleggera/ superleggero combo. Bora 50 Ultra and Veloflex 23mm/25mm with 95 psi. I have however a 110mm stem on my 48S and I weigh much less than you.

Let’s see what the other recommend you for a carbon stem.
I agree with this. To be a little bit more exclusive I went with the deda superleggera rs bars/stem 120mm combo on my C60 52s and running that with Bora 50 ultras and 23mm Vittoria G+ tyres at 85 to 90 psi. I'm 179cm but only 70kg compared to the op. I ride on terrible country lanes at times and can't think that a carbon stem would make any perceivable difference to vibration damping on the bars. I never wear gloves unless it's too cold so buy some higher quality gloves claiming better vibration damping for your hands I suspect that would make more difference than any stem. Or just double wrap bar tape or put gel inserts underneath.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com