Adding color to black bike. Ideas?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mile2424

by mile2424

TLN wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 pm
mile2424 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:27 am
or you could always do what I did..... :beerchug:

https://youtu.be/lRTgHWkSsNk
This is sooooo cool!
I'm down to something like that, but on other bike = Allez Sprint DSW. Frame is clearcoated, so if I can add reflective pattern, and it will be invisible during the day :roll: Do you have a link with description of a process?
Reflexite V92 reflective material, with some color changing transparent tape from a hula hoop store, layer them over each other, and cut each piece by hand as desired and apply on the bike. Mine has been clear coated over, but should still stick to the bike pretty well as long as its clean

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mvcap

by mvcap

IrrelevantD wrote:
TLN wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:49 pm
But I can have black saddle(with any bartape)? I still have limited Phenom saddle from my Allez Edition, but I understand that I have add only Pink/Red after that.
Get some of the Supacaz fade tape. I have the purple Allez Sprint with White jagwire brake cables (shift is Di2) and I did the Supacaz Star Fade with black on top and white on bottom. My bars are Zipp aero, so they are only wrapped just past the bend at the tops. Black on top down to white in the drops worked really well.
@IrrelevantD Can you pls post pics? I have the same frame and would love to see this. Thanks

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

mvcap wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:50 am
@IrrelevantD Can you pls post pics? I have the same frame and would love to see this. Thanks
Ask and ye shall receive...

I think this is my favorite pic of my Sprint.

Went a little more garish with my Crockett. But it was a little louder to begin with.

Cables are the Braided White Jagwire on both bikes.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

mvcap

by mvcap

@IrrelevantD uh oh, I see no images... Is it me or did they not show up?

Kazyole

by Kazyole

Gold KMC chain.

Gold titanium Recon cassette.

Gold Alligator I Links

jfranci3

by jfranci3

IrrelevantD wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:51 pm
mvcap wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:50 am

Cables are the Braided White Jagwire on both bikes.
How do you like the Fly12 vs the Fly12 CE? Maybe reply to my post over here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=145364&p=1386606&hi ... o#p1386606

themidge

by themidge

Kazyole wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 pm
Gold KMC chain.

Gold titanium Recon cassette.

Gold Alligator I Links
Like this?
Not bad, not bad...:thumbup:

Not mine BTW

fuel2000

by fuel2000

I used bar tape and bottle cages to add a dash of colour to my Canyon.
Attachments
92F5F952-ED4E-4187-8040-026B7C9594AB.jpeg

TLN

by TLN

IrrelevantD wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Is it one layer of supacaz or two? I've received one bike that was (still is actuall) doublewrapped in lizardskin, and it feels really nice. I'm tall guy so thicker handlebar makes more sense.
I have new cables on my Allez now, just waiting for bartape and was thinking about doublewrapping it, chineeze tape + supacaz on top.

fuel2000 wrote: I used bar tape and bottle cages to add a dash of colour to my Canyon.
I haven't done anything yet, but prepared plugs, stem caps, bartape a new cables. All in purple.
Was thinking about grey combo (Black/Grey). Not sure if I want to see Black/Gold combo.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

campoes

by campoes

Bottle cage, tyres, seatpost ring

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

TLN wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:01 pm
Is it one layer of supacaz or two? I've received one bike that was (still is actuall) doublewrapped in lizardskin, and it feels really nice. I'm tall guy so thicker handlebar makes more sense.
I have new cables on my Allez now, just waiting for bartape and was thinking about doublewrapping it, chineeze tape + supacaz on top.
Just one. It switches colors 1/2 way. Same with the Specialized tape on then Crockett. That being said, I’ve done two before, just a PITA to make the transition between colors.
jfranci3 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:07 pm
How do you like the Fly12 vs the Fly12 CE? Maybe reply to my post over here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=145364&p=1386606&hi ... o#p1386606
I like the CE better for the quick mount, size and weight, but definitely less battery life. Had it die on me about 3.5h into a 4h ride. My Garmin kept turning on the light on me, so that’s might have been part of it. I’ve since turned light control off on my Garmin.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I have the Specialized version of the two color tape. It has less pazzaz than the supercaz, but it is less rubbery (ignore my wrapping defect)

Also bought the fly12 CE, it’s going back.

TLN

by TLN

IrrelevantD wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:15 am
TLN wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:01 pm
Just one. It switches colors 1/2 way. Same with the Specialized tape on then Crockett. That being said, I’ve done two before, just a PITA to make the transition between colors.
I've done a double-wrap on my Domane with supacaz on top. Was quite challenging. Will go for regular starfade (black + stars) pattern next time.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

Discodan

by Discodan

some vinyl wrap on the forks and top tube can add a whole lot of character cheaply and easily, something like this https://bunnyhop.com.au/pages/bike-wrap-gallery

TonyM

by TonyM

Discodan wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 am
some vinyl wrap on the forks and top tube can add a whole lot of character cheaply and easily, something like this https://bunnyhop.com.au/pages/bike-wrap-gallery
That looks fantastic!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com