Pro Stealth Saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

misterq

by misterq

Anyone switch to this? Wondering how much setback is really needed, feel a bit lost.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/10/special ... on-review/

Based on this it seems to be less than the Power saddle which seems to be 30mm as a starting point for many.

I had a Antares but after a fit that really helped me a ton recently, the antares wasnt as comfy as once was.

Any advice?

I now have the Stealth about 15mm back and 4-5mm higher

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Setback is dependent on where the flare of the saddle is and how much pelvic rotation you have.

The Specialized Power is 240mm long, the Pro Stealth is 255mm long, but with more hanging off the back. I imagine the amount of setback should be similar, and approximately 3.5cm farther back than that of an Antares (nose to BB)

stoney

by stoney

I love my Pro Stealth Saddle. I have one on my MTB and my CX/Gravel bike.

misterq

by misterq

stoney wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:18 pm
what saddle you change from, did you have to slide it back a bit or any other mods?

CallumRD1

by CallumRD1

I rode a Power saddle for a few months before switching to the Stealth. I just placed them next to each other on the table, matching the point where they flare out. I then translated the camp marks from the Power saddle rails over to the Stealth saddle so the setback should be comparable. This made it easy to match position. As far as height, I just remeasured from the bottom bracket to confirm my 81.5 cm saddle height. I don't remember how much I had to adjust the height to compensate for the saddle change. Several thousand miles later and I am loving the Pro Stealth. The wider nose made it far more comfortable for me and gave me a few slightly different positions on the saddle. Far better than the Power for me.

stoney

by stoney

misterq wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:34 pm
stoney wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:18 pm
what saddle you change from, did you have to slide it back a bit or any other mods?
I had a Specialized Power on my MTB but it cracked. The Pro Stealth looked a little more robust so I thought I'd try it. For all my saddles I use a plumb bob from my knee to my pedal spindle to set the fore/aft position. And of course the nose will be further back from the bars than a "normal", longer saddle.

misterq

by misterq

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:45 pm
Setback is dependent on where the flare of the saddle is and how much pelvic rotation you have.

The Specialized Power is 240mm long, the Pro Stealth is 255mm long, but with more hanging off the back. I imagine the amount of setback should be similar, and approximately 3.5cm farther back than that of an Antares (nose to BB)
Can you elaborate on the pelvic rotation since I feel saddle is in right place compared to old fizik but feel PR is much better but something is off.

dbnm

by dbnm

I pondered both the S-Works Power and the Stealth. The Stealth is heavier but costs less.

So I bought the Specialized S-Works Arc. :)

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Off topic, but...
You should add ISM PN 3.0 to the list. I prefer this over Pro Aerofuel which i prefer over Stealth
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

misterq

by misterq

couldnt get the setback I needed so selling the Stealth 142 carbon if anyone wants one. 105 shipped!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Do you have a setback seatpost? If yes, don't you have possibility to use another seatpost with more setback?
I have more setback with ISM PN 3.0 than with Pro Aerofuel.
Not sure, but since Stealth have a tail up design, perhaps you'd need less setback with Aerofuel and/ or PN 3.0

I would recommend ISM PN 3.0. For me, a better saddle. But you'd lower the seatpost changing from Pro to ISM.
I didn't experience any inner leg chafing with PN 3.0 compared to PL 1.0.
Also, PN 3.0 feels much better if you'd like to move more rearwards when in dropzone.
It also feels flatter in a good way.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

spud

by spud

misterq wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:13 pm
couldnt get the setback I needed so selling the Stealth 142 carbon if anyone wants one. 105 shipped!
check for PM

misterq

by misterq

stealth sold fast thnx guys

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

wheelsONfire wrote:Off topic, but...
You should add ISM PN 3.0 to the list. I prefer this over Pro Aerofuel which i prefer over Stealth
Are you able to measure the distance from the nose of the Aerofuel to the bend in the rails by any chance. I need to run the saddle slammed back on my DA1 to fit into the UCI regs.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leandrofresh

by leandrofresh

misterq wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:57 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Can you elaborate on the pelvic rotation since I feel saddle is in right place compared to old fizik but feel PR is much better but something is off.
Im not sure if he's talking about how much forward you can bend from the pelvis or about hip rotation. Nonetheless, the more unstable your pelvis is, and the less you can rotate your pelvis forward, less setback.